Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rogerb

T5 subframe bushes

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

On my T5 (1997 S70 auto) ,I am planning to take out the engine and box some time soon to freshen it up.

I may put in a manual ,if I can get it past the wife as she likes autos.

I have got my oily fingers on a late C70 convertible subframe with solid mounting bushes and extra bracing,

this has the "R" type wish bone mountings.

Do the "R" type wish bones make any real improvement and also the soild bushes on the subframe?

The reasion I am asking is because I only have the C70 type arms and they have a different part number,

is this just the stop pads or are they a different shape?

As to fit it I would other wise need a set of new arms.

The wheels are 215/45/17 volans, if this helps.

Regards Rogerb

Edited by Rogerb

no idea what are bushings are mate i think you mean there like the deisel ones the extra bracing may help but is very heavy and not really needed with solid mountings the extra bracing was to try and help with body stiffness after they chopped the roof off

The bushes I was on about are the 4 big rubber ones that hold the engine/gearbox subframe to the body,

as on the C70 convert they are near solid ,compaired to rubber on the normal cars.

The extra brace for under the car is quite large and heavy at 8.5Kg , I know that it was originaly to stifen up

the car when volvo cut the top off . What I was after was has any one used thes bits on a normal S70

as a mod and did it offer any inprovement to the handling.

The same for the 4 bolt "R" type wish bones (I had these on the V70 Tdi , and all I rember is that they cost

a lot when they needed replacment).

Regards Rogerb

With regards to the arms, the 4-bolt are fitted to all C70's and the diesel/ex-plod/R model 850's and P1 cars. That would suggest that Volvo had a reason for their existence.