6 replies to this topic

#1 jolleychris

jolleychris
  • Full Members
  • 27 posts
  • Car: S60 (Saloon P2 99>)
  • County: Cheshire

Posted 07 October 2010 - 18:04

Bit of googleing suggests this is a common problem, any advice? put a freshly burned cd of some music I've been working on recently, hoping to try it on the s60's surround sound.. And its stuck! It won't eject, just says 'ejecting' or CD error. I can't change to another disk, or do anything really other than listen to the radio! Any advice or straight forward fixes? Its the hu803 cd player / system, in an 03 s60 se.
Many Many thanks for any help!!!!

#2 RobbieH

RobbieH
  • Full Members
  • 4,396 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, gadgets, holidays, skiing, keeping the barge in tidy order, sleeping......... I could go on.
  • Car: V70 (Estate P2 99>)
  • County: Lancashire
  • Town: Salford

Posted 07 October 2010 - 22:31

A couple of threads on VOC here & here might help.

Can't help much more I'm afraid :no: .

siggyv2.gif

Don't let your age define you. It's a number, that's all.

Nasty D5 dieseasel with few twiddly bits from TWR, MTE, IPD and Eibach but 600 miles to a tank ain't to be sniffed at :-)

I would sooner watch Robbie cycling around on his push hog wearing his finest Lycra then attending a 1/4 strip....

#3 jolleychris

jolleychris
  • Full Members
  • 27 posts
  • Car: S60 (Saloon P2 99>)
  • County: Cheshire

Posted 12 October 2010 - 20:31

Well, i managed to rescue the CD in the end - thanks to one half of a pair of plastic tweezers that i usually use to repair camera equipment! If anyone else ends up in a similar situation, there seems to be a catch, or lever, or switch just inside the right hand side of the CD slot. I managed to hit this while wobbling the tweezers around and pressing eject, and it spat the disc out. It turns out that the 4 CD changer is a bit.. broken. CD1 and CD2 dont work any more, CD1 just clicks very very loudly (sounds like the mechanism is getting jammed) and CD2 just makes a harsh clicking / whirring noise. CD4 sometimes packs in too. Im quite annoyed about this, as i really really enjoy the sound system in this car.

So.. anyone with any thoughts on repairing the 4 disk changer, or replacing the head unit please let me know!

#4 V70D5

V70D5
  • Super Moderator
  • 4,392 posts
  • Car: Other Brand
  • County: Dumfriesshire
  • Town: Jocksville

Posted 12 October 2010 - 21:41

Give FRF or MRG a ring to see how much a new or refurbed unit costs. IIRC there has been a change recently regarding refurbed ones but I cant remember exactly what.

Failing that... LINKY As his listing states, you dont always have to get new/used units coded to the car, but you might have to.

I like my mp3 and IMII set up but still love the better quality of the CD's.
It's big, it's black and it's shiny! :D

#5 peteh

peteh

• Full Members
  • 16 posts
  • County: Yorkshire (North)
  • Town: York

Posted 20 December 2010 - 21:49

I had a jammed cd last week saying CD-Error, I had a quick google around and ended up finding a way to unjam it.

Get a spare CD and try and push the jammed CD back into its slot, after a few attempts the unit spat the stuck CD out... :dance:

#6 V70D5

V70D5
  • Super Moderator
  • 4,392 posts
  • Car: Other Brand
  • County: Dumfriesshire
  • Town: Jocksville

Posted 20 December 2010 - 21:53

:wav: Its nice when something goes well. :)
It's big, it's black and it's shiny! :D

#7 Redbrick

Redbrick
  • Full Members
  • 3,681 posts
  • Interests:There is no replacement for displacement.
  • County: Gloucestershire
  • Town: Yate

Posted 20 December 2010 - 23:54

I like my mp3 and IMII set up but still love the better quality of the CD's.

Must admit I've gone back to CD's in mine. On lesser cars it's hard to tell the difference between Apple lossless and CD. The standard Volvo HU and speakers really are very good and clearly 'show' the difference in squashed bit rates.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users