#1 s60-D

s60-D
  • Full Members
  • 43 posts
  • Car: S60 (Saloon P2 99>)
  • County: Kent
  • Town: Sidcup

Posted 09 August 2011 - 16:56

While driving and as I went over a speed bump suddenly the message SRS-Airbag Service Urgent appeared on the dash

Other than that there is a message on the dash, I've no issues with the car

I've been to the local garage but they could not help with the fault as their code reader was saying something like: SRS-004d Lamp

So the next step was to take it to the local Volvo Stealer, which they told me it's the DIM module?

This is the code's they qouted:

vida dtscs dim 0002, 0003, 0005, srs 00d4 logged
ref tie 11297 req new dim as dtcs
no erasing customer declined...

They told me the total price would be £ 916.- to replace the DIM module.

Is it really the DIM module that is faulty here? or something else? Any help or suggestions?

Edited by s60-D, 09 August 2011 - 17:08 .

This is my Volvo. There are many like it, but this one is MINE, My Volvo without me is nothing.

#2 Lord B

Lord B
  • Super Moderator
  • 7,720 posts
  • Car: V70 (Estate P1)

Posted 10 August 2011 - 06:46

if it is the DIM then BBA REMan can repair AFAIK don't know how much, but nowhere near that, if you want to clear codes and see what re-appears I'm not a million miles away, Clan998 has my PPC at the moment, not sure if he's away on holiday, but probably best bet to start with is clear codes, and then see what re-appears. BBA ReMan are only on gillingham buisness park

I have to be nice, or Mrs Goggins will beat me with a big stick

#3 tingy

tingy
  • Full Members
  • 7,544 posts
  • Car: V70 (Estate P2 05>)
  • County: Hertfordshire
  • Town: watford

Posted 10 August 2011 - 06:49

i didnt think a PPC would clear SRS codes

Posted Image

IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM!

#4 Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze
  • Full Members
  • 1,647 posts
  • Interests:Drink!!! Girls!!! Feck!!!
    I'm back........... Albeit with the XC soon on it's way out.
  • Car: No Car
  • County: Merseyside
  • Town: Oxton

Posted 10 August 2011 - 07:14

A broken wire on the underside of the drivers or passengers seat or at the seat back to seat base join can trigger the SRS urgent message. I had something similar happen once on one of my old V70's. Local independant was quoting me in the region of £500 to remove & replace the driver's side airbag & wiring when I had this fault trigger. http://forums.t5d5.o...g-module-cable/

Looking at other info, it could be a dead or dying DIM as has been suggested. The SRS ecu is not seeing the SRS light on the DIM therefore triggers the code.

Edited by Keyser Soze, 10 August 2011 - 07:39 .

The greatest trick that the devil ever pulled was in convincing the world that he didn't exist.

And like that.... he was gone!

Posted Image

#5 Lord B

Lord B
  • Super Moderator
  • 7,720 posts
  • Car: V70 (Estate P1)

Posted 10 August 2011 - 07:15

i didnt think a PPC would clear SRS codes

Clearly you didn't :lol:

the V3 is now available for 557 euros :lol:
http://en.bsr.se/products/503450/

for code reading and clearing codes its so much quicker than Vadis etc, although doesn't obviously have data logging abilities, but it can sit in glove box, you can pull over at side of road, click of button and limp mode etc cleared, and you are on your way.

I have to be nice, or Mrs Goggins will beat me with a big stick

#6 clan998

clan998
  • Full Members
  • 1,032 posts
  • Town: Chatham

Posted 10 August 2011 - 07:36

for code reading and clearing codes its so much quicker than Vadis etc, although doesn't obviously have data logging abilities, but it can sit in glove box, you can pull over at side of road, click of button and limp mode etc cleared, and you are on your way.

Thats exactly what I did ... It saved me on a number of occasions .... and still is currently checking daily for boost related codes ! Thanks again Ben.

Im away on holiday friday for a week but if you want the PPC I can get it to Ben or pop round to Chatham and Ill clear the codes ? Obviously before friday

Rich
2006 V70R awd ( Mine )
1995 855 R ( Wifes )
1698 Hillman Imp Californian ( My Toy )

#7 s60-D

s60-D
  • Full Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:51

Thanks guys for all your help and suggestions. I do not think that the DIM is faulyt but I am no the the expert here ;)
I dont understand why they did write something like this at the local Volvo dealer: "Not erasing customer declined..."

Simply I went over a speed bump, the lights at the aircon/radio were fading a bit and they came back, after that the SRS-Airbag message appeared. So could it be just a loose socket at the back of the Radio or Aircon?

Rich, I live in Sidcup so not that far away from you. Will send you a PM

This is my Volvo. There are many like it, but this one is MINE, My Volvo without me is nothing.

#8 tingy

tingy
  • Full Members
  • 7,544 posts
  • County: Hertfordshire
  • Town: watford

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:17

more then likely as if they erase the codes they may not come back so u wont spend £916 with them as you wont have any dash warning lights on, if they do that again and dont reset the codes without you asking them not to i would refuse pay as the whole point of a code read is to get em reset so you can see which ones re-appear

(although tbh always post on here before going to the stealers as plenty of people have code readers now and will be a lot less expensive then most main dealers)

Posted Image

IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM!

#9 Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze
  • Full Members
  • 1,647 posts
  • Interests:Drink!!! Girls!!! Feck!!!
    I'm back........... Albeit with the XC soon on it's way out.
  • Car: No Car
  • County: Merseyside
  • Town: Oxton

Posted 10 August 2011 - 13:41

The connections at the back of the CCU can cause that. I suppose that if they were loose or broken, that could have triggered the fault.

The greatest trick that the devil ever pulled was in convincing the world that he didn't exist.

And like that.... he was gone!

Posted Image

#10 t5dean

t5dean
  • Full Members
  • 86 posts
  • County: Cheshire

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:47

I had this problem a while back when changing my radio. I ungluged the air con / heater control unit while the ignition was still on and this triggered the srs service message.
If you say the lights were dimming on the radio and air con controls then there is a good chance the plugs on the back may be slightly loose. I took my car to a local volvo specailist and he plugged it in to computer and cleared code with no problems.

#11 s60-D

s60-D
  • Full Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 19:37

Rich, thanks a lot for your time and help trying to reset the SRS error message.

The code is: SRS-00D4 SRS Indicator Lamp

What can be done to resolve this? Which lamp is faulty? Or is it really the DIM on its way out?

#12 RobbieH

RobbieH
  • Full Members
  • 4,411 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, gadgets, holidays, skiing, keeping the barge in tidy order, sleeping......... I could go on.
  • Car: V70 (Estate P2 99>)
  • County: Lancashire
  • Town: Salford

Posted 11 August 2011 - 19:49

I see you have been reading the same VOC as I find via Google (I assume). If not another thread which might help http://www.v70xc.com...ead.php?t=17968

siggyv2.gif

Don't let your age define you. It's a number, that's all.

Nasty D5 dieseasel with few twiddly bits from TWR, MTE, IPD and Eibach but 600 miles to a tank ain't to be sniffed at :-)

I would sooner watch Robbie cycling around on his push hog wearing his finest Lycra then attending a 1/4 strip....

#13 clan998

clan998
  • Full Members
  • 1,032 posts
  • Town: Chatham

Posted 11 August 2011 - 20:20

Rich, thanks a lot for your time and help trying to reset the SRS error message.

The code is: SRS-00D4 SRS Indicator Lamp

What can be done to resolve this? Which lamp is faulty? Or is it really the DIM on its way out?

No problem Omar

I dont even know where the DIM module is situated ?

Im thinking a loose connection somewhere is the problem . Just finding it tho .

Hopefully someone will be able to shed some more light on the problem ?

Id try checking the radio and climate control connections and when Im back we can clear the codes and see if it makes a difference

Rich
2006 V70R awd ( Mine )
1995 855 R ( Wifes )
1698 Hillman Imp Californian ( My Toy )

#14 s60-D

s60-D
  • Full Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 13:40

Contacted BBA reman and they are asking £99+vat+pp to repair, I did read somewhere it could be resolved by cleaning the DIM or double checking the connectors? I might even take the Climate Controle and Radio out and make sure the connections are tight before sending it to BBA reman.

Anyone had this error code before? SRS-00D4 SRS Indicator Lamp?

#15 Redbrick

Redbrick
  • Full Members
  • 3,739 posts
  • Interests:There is no replacement for displacement.
  • County: Gloucestershire
  • Town: Yate

Posted 12 August 2011 - 14:51

The DIM is the instrument binnacle.

You would be very unwise sending your DIM off to be fixed before checking connections to the climate module.

It really is very easy to get to; pen holder out, 2 screws out, radio out (hardest job, pull slightly down and then pull straight towards gear lever), climate unit then comes out once screws removed, check connections are secure on back.

If the error showed after a speed bump there must surely be a loose connection/plug somewhere?
Posted Image

#16 s60-D

s60-D
  • Full Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 17:17

Thanks, I will check the connections to the climate module! Should I disconnect the battery first?

It seems easy to remove the radio and CC module, how about RIM?

I got a reply from BBA Reman:

Thank you for your enquiry.
We only remove crash data from srs ecu's, we do not carry out physical
repairs on them.

Regards,

BBA Reman

#17 Redbrick

Redbrick
  • Full Members
  • 3,739 posts
  • Interests:There is no replacement for displacement.
  • Town: Yate

Posted 12 August 2011 - 19:06

Thanks, I will check the connections to the climate module! Should I disconnect the battery first?

It seems easy to remove the radio and CC module, how about RIM?

I got a reply from BBA Reman:

Thank you for your enquiry.
We only remove crash data from srs ecu's, we do not carry out physical
repairs on them.

Regards,

BBA Reman

Probably best to disconnect the battery and let the car die before playing. I think BBA have got the wrong end of the stick, you want your DIM repaired not a SRS ECU repaired.
I've never removed the DIM before but I remember being told maybe a few screws to remove the shroud and then it pulls forward and unplugs. I'd remake that connection a few times to clean the contacts, get the codes erased and then suck it and see.
Posted Image

#18 s60-D

s60-D
  • Full Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 20:30

Well its not been easy to get the CCU and Radio out, but all sockets and connections seems to be fine.

I did disconnect the battery first and left the car for a good 10minutes. I've removed the DIM as well which is easy to do. But the error still there! Guess it needs to be read and reset?

Anyone used CLUSTERREPAIRSUK.CO.UK or shall I stick with BBA reman?

Will the error SRS-Airbag disappear after DIM repair or it will need to be read and reset with PPC?

#19 s60-D

s60-D
  • Full Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:32

BBA-reman are unable to repair the DIM

Got it sent to them last week but got a reply from them today per email "CLOCKS ARE NOT REPAIRABLE"

Is there any other options I could try before paying £1000 to local volvo stealer?

#20 adam b

adam b
  • Full Members
  • 1,264 posts
  • Car: Other Brand
  • Town: The Nam

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:50

Newer Snap-on diagnostic tools with the right code module can reset the airbag light. Also read the codes properly too - they've recently updated their software.
VW T4 transporter 2.4D
Peugeot 306 GTi 5 F2 rally/track car project

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users