Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bbradley

Sound Systems possible for C70?

7 posts in this topic

I'm not sure if this is the right section to discuss this topic but it seemed to fit best..

I am unimpressed with the level of my 02 c70's speaker quality and want to get a sound system for it. However I was told by the previous owner that it doesn't take any aftermarket sound systems, I'm wondering why this is. If this is true, is this a volvo thing or just for this model? Any way around it? Thanks.

It possible to upgrade any sound system in a car it just comes down to money. Volvo did use a speaker system called Dynaudio or something like that but it cost an absolute arm and leg.

I am not sure about your specific model and being across the pond things may be different?

I have an 850 and fitted and aftermarket head unit and bought 8 after market speakers and it sounds nice! Used the original wiring to.

I am sure some Audiophiles will be along at some point as I am sure C70's came with a good sound system?

Hi

Both my C70  GT have had Dynaudio speakers ,

Standard spec on GT not too sure about lower spec cars .You will not get better without spending a fortune .

Like Gred said  cost an arm and a leg. I think the  upgrade were £1200 extra Sick your head in the boot they are labeled.

pretty much the best sounding out ot the box , standard system i have heard.

IO they are Dynaudio and don't sound right some thing is wrong.

The head unit is generally so so, the amplification could be better .

I think some of the guys have swapped head units and amps, but stayed with the Dynaudio speakers

You should be able to source and retrofit the Dynaudio Speakers..

Edited by HEZI

There you go check out the speakers? Then get trowling breakers yards second hand speakers amp and head unit shouldn't cost you a small fortune.

Iam am going to scrap the C70 if you want It?

I'm not sure what the sound system is called but yeah it was the top end one with three different auto settings for the audio to play, and that weird speaker on the dash thats square is neat haha. I'm am only unimpressed with the range of bass (if i turn up the bass level past mid range all i hear is thumbing and smacking of the bass trying. So would I be able to upgrade just the amp and throw in a subwoofer kicker? I'm not knowledgable by any means in this department so thanks for dealing with me!

Both my C70's have the Dynaudio minus the dash mounted speaker.  With the standard SC901 they were awesome and since being upgraded with Pioneer head units, the sound is still pretty much the same but just better EQ adjustments.Even to this day its got to be one the best systems around.

The S70R had the SC901 head unit and the system with the dash mounted speaker.  Sound quality was scrap but that was only because a previous owner fitted and removed an aftermarket head unit and most probably didn't do a great job as the leads required for these systems is not simple plug n play.  Once I got this sorted and again added a Pioneer head unit to overcome the failing CD issue with the SC901 its been great.