Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Barnsley-Bill

Meet Tyson My new Car

59 posts in this topic

Picked this up from an Auction  with a knocking Engine ''bearing spun'' also picked up a Focus RS engine and turbo for it. 

A Few bits to do to it, this weekend fit the RS airbox and cross over pipe extend the maff wires to fit the RS maff, then pick up the RS gearbox as Tim kindly picked up the RS Revo hubs  legs and a drive shaft' as I don't want to be replacing the ST drive shafts every other week. 

I fitted a 3" Miltek downpipe and it has a 3" decat pipe standard back pipe and box ' change this later on '.

The car feels tight and like a go cart' I'm not going to go mad with this car as with work I hardly get to use it apart from weekends.

post-1096-0-74865000-1433276767_thumb.jpg

post-1096-0-44688900-1433276778_thumb.jpg

post-1096-0-43917100-1433276789_thumb.jpg

post-1096-0-84464900-1433276798_thumb.jpg

grainqey likes this

That is a very nice play toy Bill!

And with all the RS toys fitted it will be bonkers!

Congratulations!

Cheers Greg

Nice B)

Does in nibble your ear lobes?

craig and Harvey like this

Nice looks smart and will go like a stabbed rat.

You finally got one then lol. you were on about dropping the rs engine in an st at Grantham when my mate took his red one.

looks well alan.. il have a look at it later when i drop your stuff off  :D

Nice choice and sounds like very good upgrades you have planned for it.  Sounds like you have most of what you need to get it the way you intend so hoping your mechanical work goes smoothly towards completion.  Have you put this in the projects as it will be nice to see it coming on as you go along.

If thats your list of small upgrades id hate to see it if you were going mad with it lol

Good luck with it and i hope its more reliable then your T5 was :)

Nice one Alan  :oneforyou: 

Just make sure you get the the RS radiator and intercooler or something as good to keep the bitch cooler.....  :graduate:  

Cheers Lad's I'm planning an Airtek intercooler and an ali rad later on.

They are nice cars I would go as far to say they do more then a tuned T5 with a light tune up especially in the handling department in my eyes they are a modern T5

Looks great even before you washed it.  Saw it @ craigs and it was mint then :-)

Looks smart, you going for the front wheels I assume, although part of me thinks origional rears look better

No mate going for the front one's but lost the Mcgaurd locker up at graig's unit so I'm going to see if a local garage can get them off

Dirty Harry 48 likes this

No mate going for the front one's but lost the Mcgaurd locker up at graig's unit so I'm going to see if a local garage can get them off

Craig has a Dynamec set so it should be easy to get them off.

That looks mean mate, agree stick with the RS wheels the ST wheels look like :wanker: XR3i's from the 80's  :D   

That looks mean mate, agree stick with the RS wheels the ST wheels look like :wanker: XR3i's from the 80's  :D   

There's nothing wrong with Dog legs!

There's nothing wrong with Dog legs!

Is that Tim being a Wag again or is he having a Bitch about the choice.  Out on a limb as usual  !!!!

Is that Tim being a Wag again or is he having a Bitch about the choice.  Out on a limb as usual  !!!!

I think either of the wheels look fine but Engineer is right.

1986-1990 XR3i wheels were called Dog Leg Alloys.

The ST wheels wont fit over the the front Revo hubs' these are 18" copy's  the 19" are at the powder coaters ''satin black'' I'll use the 18s for track days :) 

Looks great Alan, there's something quite menacing about these cars - in a good way ;)

Double post.

Edited by yosser

Fitting the big bore boost pipes and Airtec Intercooler this weekend and making the last rear arch liner as Ford tight arse use two ST ones stuck together.  

Then change the back springs and fit the 19" wheels on as well as the Rally flapz mud guard's.

grainqey likes this