Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lord B

RIP DTP

48 posts in this topic

It has just be confirmed that sadly Dave, DTP (Dave the Plumber) has passed away today at 17:10, however expected it still comes as shock and a huge loss. Our thoughts are with Di his wife, his children and the rest of his family and friends.

I had the pleasure of knowing him for many years through the forum, and seeing him last Monday, holding his hand and saying goodbye, was one of the hardest things I've had to do. A true gentleman and friend

RIP Dave

post-25-0-84050100-1446930553_thumb.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From Danielle's post on Facebook

Dad's funeral is being held on 25th November at 12:00 at Holy Trinity church, Malvern, with burial at Malvern cemetery afterwards, followed by the Wake taking place at Malvern Rugby Club. All of Dad's Facebook friends (and mine who knew him) welcome.

I know most were friends of Dave's on FB, but anyone who wishes to come but isn't on Facebook or seen Di or Danielle's posts can you let me know mainly for catering purposes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just to check everyone knows where they are going - I have no idea on what parking facilities are available at Church or Cemetery, obviously first consideration should be given to Hearse and families cars

Church   http://www.holytrinitymalvern.org.uk/contact-us/- WR14 4LR 

Cemetery http://www.malverntowncouncil.org/great-malvern-cemetery- WR14 2AS

Rugby Club http://www.malvernrfc.co.uk/facilities1.shtml- WR14 1AJ

Edited by Lord B
Added details

Anyone wishing to make a donation for flowers and for family I am starting a collection;

you can donate via PayPal :- T5D5@hotmail.co.uk or PM me for bank details if you don't have PayPal.

Ben, if you have any ideas of a tribute in letters (e.g.T5D5) let me know. I could probably have this made and bring it with me. No charge.

In fact, I can bring whatever you want.

I'm not touting for business, I'm not in retail floristry any more anyway, I'm just offering a different option for you (us).

No offence if you'd rather make other plans.

Ben, if you have any ideas of a tribute in letters (e.g.T5D5) let me know. I could probably have this made and bring it with me. No charge.

In fact, I can bring whatever you want.

I'm not touting for business, I'm not in retail floristry any more anyway, I'm just offering a different option for you (us).

No offence if you'd rather make other plans.

Cheers, hadn't really thought about it, will PM you

As said else wear rip. True gent and some one ive give a lot of thought to over last few months.

I've had a fun evening out...and this news has brought me right back to earth with a bump!

It was a real pleasure knowing Dave, and, although it was expected, I'm still very sorry to hear about his passing.

Rest in peace buddy!

cheers

James

RIP Dave. Whenever I saw him he was always laughing and smiling. A huge loss for our community and it must be devastating for his family. Our thoughts and prayers go out to them.

He will be missed by many, Always enjoyed our chats at the meetings in his never ending quest for more power out of his S60R.

Top bloke, Very sad news indeed :(

RIP DTP

grainqey likes this

Rip Dtp.

it was a pleasure to meet you , it is a sad loss.

mike

RIP Dave

Was a top man and will be missed a great member on the forum and a true gent.

My thoughts are with his family at this hard time.

Mark

RIP Dave. Many fond memories and story's which will never be forgotten. Driving with you across Europe to the ring was a nightmare (because you went the wrong way down the motorway) but hilarious when talking about it.

The Volvo community will miss you!

Ryan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grainqey likes this

combe won't be the same, best entrance ever this year.... what a laugh we had.

Oh good god no. Thats not bloody on at all.

Although not really that close we had the odd chat now and then, he helped me with loads of things (including plumbing!) and a finer guy i've not met.

Genuinely absolutely gutted about this as I only logged on here to message him.

If you could let us know about the funeral that would be amazing. Thanks for letting us know Ben

....and the best exit too, but I can't seem to upload the video :/

We had a hell of a giggle this year.  Thing's certainly won't be the same without Dave there  :cry:

Just updated initial post with funeral details

funeral is being held on 25th November at 12:00 at Holy Trinity church, Malvern, with burial at Malvern cemetery afterwards, followed by the Wake taking place at Malvern Rugby Club. All of Dad's Facebook friends (and mine who knew him) welcome. If you could send me a little message to let us know whether you're coming so we have an idea of numbers x

So sorry to hear this,Dave was such a nice guy,always asked me about my Anna.

Never forget being at Snetterton when he put his wheels on the wrong way round and didnt do up the nuts,(i think he blamed Chris)....We did laugh.

Sorry but i cant make the funeral.

RIP mate.

So sorry to hear this,Dave was such a nice guy,always asked me about my Anna.

Never forget being at Snetterton when he put his wheels on the wrong way round and didnt do up the nuts,(i think he blamed Chris)....We did laugh.

Sorry but i cant make the funeral.

RIP mate.

I'll never forget Dave trying to do me in at snetterton!!  He comes up to me and says, can you take my car out on track and see what you think, see how it compare to your S60.  Sure I will, I say. So he put his track wheels on (took him bloody ages, must have been 2 hours+!, he was a bit worse for ware from the previous night - one of many we've had, I'll never forget those times buddy :cry:), and he left the retaining screws in all the discs, and the wheels never had the cutouts to go around them.  So I jump in the car, we start driving up the pit lane, and it was like a bloody clown car! Wheels wobbling all over the place.  We pissed ourselves.  And we laughed about that every time we met up.  Good times.

God bless you Dave, you were a bloody character mate.  You will be missed.

bonelorry likes this

Myself Garry and possibly Neil will be there.

I am trying to get there. Already have a relative's funeral on the Friday which doesn't help..

Really sorry I can't make it :(

Paul