Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
don kalmar union

All MTE software calibrations £345 inc. VAT.

23 posts in this topic

Just to advise that I am offering all MTE's software calibrations through to the end of the year at £345 including VAT.

Don.

Just as reference as I have not even a mention of MTE's achievable outputs on my website, you can expect outputs as follows for the stage 1 without any physical changes and stage 2 with complete exhaust replacement:

Earlier 2.3l P2 S60/V70 T5s:

Stage 1 275bhp 430nm of torque.
Stage 2 300bhp 460nm

Later 2,4l T5s.

Stage 1 330bhp 480nm.
Stage 2 335bhp 480nm.

S60R/V70R P2.

Stage 1 335bhp 480nm
Stage 2 355bhp 490nm.

The stage 2 figures require a full replacement exhaust system such as that which I stock from Ferrita.

D5 figures are:

195bhp 420nm for the earlier engines
225 480nm for the later post '95 ones

These apply to the D5 engines in the smaller old Focus based D5s too.

The T5 engined smaller old cars give:

Stage 1 260bhp 420nm
Stage 2 280bhp 430nm.

These are all based on sets of calibrations put together by MTE from the initial read-out you take at the beginning of the installation process. Not an individual set of calibrations from scratch that might be achieved by a fully informed and competent firm able to create and finesse their product for one particular car with dyno and road work that would cost way in excess of £1000.... done properly.

What MTE are able to do from that initial read-out is assemble a set of calibrations that most closely approximates to those installed by Volvo when the car was assembled or subsequently installed by a dealer as updates are created, not the same as a 'catch all' flash...

The only 'if, buts or maybe's' are likely to be associated with age in respect of older, high mileage real outcomes with stage 2 and over where so much more depends on the condition of a number of important related components.

Don.

_Lightning_ likes this

Hello, do you do a re map for the V50 D5 Geartronic estate 2007 plate? Thanks.

Great price for a great product! 

Hello, do you do a re map for the V50 D5 Geartronic estate 2007 plate? Thanks.

Hello John,

Just sent you a pm.

Don.

I'm looking at stage one for a 2008 d5 manual v50 do you have somewhere up North Yorkshire don thanks,mark

You deal directly with me as all MTE's Software calibrations are installed by our customers using their Softloader as an interface between the car's OBD port and an XP or XP compatible laptop. I loan that interface against a fully returnable deoposit of £155.

Don.

Hi Don, do you do a re-map for the Volvo C70 T5 convertible ( 2002 ) manual?

Regards Mac

Hi Don,

Sent you an email yesterday but thought I'd drop you a line on here in case you missed it.

I have a MY2012  V70 D5 2.4 Geartronic - what can you do for me please?

Hi,

I have a V70 D5,  185. I need to see what it's putting out before I chip it, if that makes any sense

Fantastic offer for a fantastic product.  I have run my P2  S60T5  for several years and has never had a single blip. Improved petrol consumption (if driven exactly as before) and a very smooth power curve.

After all of that Don is a true gentleman.

If you are thinking of doing it I would say go for it now - you will not regret it.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.

This was the 2015 offer, not sure if it still applies.  Blame it on the Brexiters ruining everything... :popcorn:

Oh this is going to be a expensive new year on the car front, Just wondering is it loaded the same way still ?.

Oh this is going to be a expensive new year on the car front, Just wondering is it loaded the same way still ?.

Same old bollocks, £155 returnable deposit on the Softloader, best to do it with an old XP laptop unless you can get a later MS system to run the system...

Stage 1 and 2 and a stage 3plus but you do need a Tim Wliiams job on the liners.....for stages 2 and up, and preferably a TW intercoler NOT one of the crap Snab or DO69 chinese ones that do not work for more than a few seconds when you need them...

Don.

_Lightning_ likes this

Can you buy a softloader to keep ? or must have it back.

....and preferably a TW intercoler NOT one of the crap Snab or DO69 chinese ones that do not work for more than a few seconds when you need them...

Don.

Are we talking about DO88 or something else altogether?? :whistling:  :lolbang:

Harvey I've got a soft loader with me so if you're ever up near Brizzle, I can do the readout and load the map for you as I have done for a few others.

Thanks for the offer Pyaap,  I need to sort out the down pipe first and renew the two sensors as they are the original ones when the cars new.

Then it should be good to go .

Hi, Do you do a map for a 2007 V70 d5 185 geartronic? The car has done 83000 miles

I don't have access to a xp laptop.

Is it possible for me to come to you for the mapping?

Thanks

I have the MTE calibrations on special offer at present at £355 including VAT.... plus the £155 fully returnable deposit for the Softloader interface.

The system is designed to avoid travelling, I can only suggest that someone local to you might have a Softloader and an old XP laptop who could do the initial read out for you and email it to me.

Otherwise some of my customers, who I might say are more IT capable that I am, have used a later laptop operating in XP compatible mode...

Can you not beg borrow or steal an old XP...?

The calibrations will give you outputs of 225bhp with 480nm of torque.

Don.

PS I can email you the MTE installation files in anticipation.....

Thanks, I'll look into finding an XP laptop

Hi Don,

I'm about to take delivery of a 2011 205hp D5 geartronic. Can you tell me what my options are for an MTE map?

Thanks 😀

Edited by Harrisont5267