Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bigsi15

Volvo S60 t5 boot opening and wiring problems

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys

I have a 2002 Volvo S60 which has developed an annoying problem with the boot not being able to be opened with the handle switch, only the key fob or the key.

At the moment when the engine is turned off the only way I can open the boot is either mechanically with the key or using the boot opening function of the key fob. The handle switch does absolutely nothing. When I turn the ignition on or off this triggers the boot to open and if I try and use the handle switch with the engine running it blows the fuse to the rear light clusters and the numberplate lights but does open the boot most times.

Today I had a probe with a multimeter on the resistance setting testing it on the wires that lead from the handle, from the lock mechanism itself, and up from the wirejoint that runs behind the left light clusters out of the bodywork into the boot lid, to see if any of the wires were broken.

All of the wires and connections showed resistance on the meter in the same way as a piece of new speaker wire does (so I assume are patent), except for a small brown and blue wire which runs from inside the boot of the car up to the first joint in the boot lid where the wire splits to the lock and the handle, which showed no resistance.

Because of this I am assuming that maybe this wire has a break? However I bridged it with a piece of new speaker wire which then showed a resistance on the meter but did not solve the problem.

I have changed the latch mechanism giving the same problem as before, and tested the switch in the handle using the meter which shows resistance when it is depressed and held.

I don't know enough about car wiring to go any further and am at my wits end now so would greatly appreciate any help!

Thanks very much!

Hi, my '03 S60's boot lock stopped unlocking and could only be opened with the key. I took the car into an auto electrician and he found that it was the lock itself that was faulty. As a temporary solution he has somehow disconected the boot lock solenoid from the main circuit and the lock now locks and unlocks as normal, however the boot light does not come on when I open the boot with the handle.

Edited by IC

Hi ic

That's interesting and thanks for your input, I would be very interested to know how he did that! I have tried 2 locks in there be it both were second hand, but the same problem so I would be surprised if I was unlucky enough to get 2 duff locks!! Lol

Thanks again

Ok so read the codes today. Got a few...

Upper electronic module

Uem-0004 siren communication fault

Rear electronic module

Rem-6f51 tail gate handle signal too low

Climate control module

Ccm-001f air quality sensor signal too high

Driver door module

Ddm-0025 mirror motor signal missing

I think most are fairly meaningless and I think I have a problem with the climate control occasionally blowing hot air out of one vent and cold out the other centre vent but interestingly it mentions the tail gate handle signal being low...

Any idea what that means in real world?!

Think it's sorted, replaced the wire from the boot to the boot lid and seems to work! Hope this helps someone :)