Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pyaap

2016 Track Day

84 posts in this topic

Right folks, just wanted to confirm that the date for the 2016 Track Day will be Friday 17th June!!  :wav:  :party:

I have a few meetings to get things finalised over the course of the next few weeks so will post up details as and when they're available.

mhon72 likes this

Is this the thread to put our names down on? If it is

1. Me

Edit. Arsehat!!

Edited by irf

Is this the thread to put our names down on? If it is

1. Me

Edit. Arsehat!!

Don't think so but after missing out last year, need to do combe in Pumba3

:wav: I've got some unfinished business to sort out with that place  :drive2:

mikey likes this

Holiday booked :) just need a suitable car to thrash now :(

Paul

Me please.

can't wait!! need one soooon. i know this isn't the list but we're defo's

1, me & neil

2, gary

3, mat. in his bonkers westi

Edited by peacey

can't wait!! need one soooon. i know this isn't the list but we're defo's

1, me & neil

2, gary

3, mat. in his bonkers westi

Ashok can we have a ban on all male footware that either exposes or has individuale sections for toes please as its just wrong!

:P

lol, you love em

Great news, looking forward to this. Just for once I hope to driving not taking pictures ;) not a volvo though ;)

Edited by adieu

I am very pleased to say that following meetings with the senior management of City Motors Volvo, they have very kindly agreed to sponsor this year's event!! :wav:

This does of course mean that we will be able to keep the costs down as we have in previous years which is fantastic news for everyone!  I will post up more details soon but hope to get the drivers list up shortly so please keep your eyes peeled!!  :drive1:

I am very pleased to say that following meetings with the senior management of City Motors Volvo, they have very kindly agreed to sponsor this year's event!! :wav:

This does of course mean that we will be able to keep the costs down as we have in previous years which is fantastic news for everyone!  I will post up more details soon but hope to get the drivers list up shortly so please keep your eyes peeled!!  :drive1:

That's Great news!  Looking forward to it, should we rename the event, it still says T5D5 MRG Track Day & Meet?

.......... it still says T5D5 MRG Track Day & Meet?

Yup, should be amended soon.

Alright folks, just a heads-up that the Drivers List will be going up around 8pm this coming Sunday!!!  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

More details will be posted up then!  :wav:

Me please  :drive1:

Ok as a track day newbie does anyone have any recommendations before the big day? Also does anyone know the noise limit at Castle combe, and do or can they do a test before the day as i have a new exhaust and it may be too loud.

100 db I think from half a metre behind your exhaust.

What are you looking for in terms of recommendations, car, personal, hotel?

Afaik they can do a test before hand.

I think there's an action day sometime in the next few weeks, should be able to get a test done at that

Just wondering what people have learnt to bring, leave behind or wish they had done before or during. Just general advice really. Thanks for the noise advise,I'm going to try one if those smart phone apps just to get a rough idea, will call combe and try and get it tested correctly before the day, if needed I can always put the standard one back on.

Gazebo and ground sheet can be useful; either to keep dry if it pees down or shelter from the burning sun if it's a nice day. Been there, done that, seen both situations.

Chock to stop the car rolling away when parked up cooling down. Torque wrench for checking wheel bolts.

Check the car for all the loose stuff you normally don't realise is in the car until you hit the brakes hard and something whizzes past your left ear LOL. 

Fairy dust for irf  :whistling:

Edited by RobbieH