Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BlackBeast

BlackBeast V3.0

48 posts in this topic

I collected BlackBeast V3 on Thursday from Coventry, drove the 3 hours home with a mix of motorway cruising and Welsh A roads (through Brecon and Llandovery if anyone knows it). I've already clicked with it 

It's an Audi TT (Coupe) TDI Quattro (later CFGB engine) with 128k miles on the clock, in black with full audi service history, previous owner used it as a motorway cruiser and it shows inside, interior is in very good condition, the seats don't look like they've been sat in. Cambelt was changed at 80k (2 years ago) and it was last serviced at 113k miles. 

It has a decent spec list too:

Heated seats 
RSN-E with the media button and 2015 map, AMI with various leads, Bluetooth, MFSW
Folding mirrors and Electric anti glare mirrors
Rear parking sensors
Light & rain sensors

I already have a to do list as you do:
Buy VCDS
Oil & filters change (engine & Haldex)
Full cambelt change
Retrofit cruise control
And once the tyres are worn down change the alloys to a decent set.

Pictures to follow once I've given it a good clean and it stops raining.

B) 

Congratulations! Now get them pictures up! :lolbang:

They have got prettier with age, bit like a cougar (The female predator not the Ford) Not really my bag but whatever floats your boat darling.

I must admit the first ones were available with a baseball glove sort of interior with big stitching, like atacama but nicer, they were lovely.

They have got prettier with age, bit like a cougar (The female predator not the Ford) Not really my bag but whatever floats your boat darling.

Is that because you can't get in and out any more  :pmsl:

my missus wants to know if you do highlights, low lights and extensions or if its just general hairdressing?

my missus wants to know if you do highlights, low lights and extensions or if its just general hairdressing?

And you thought it was another Mazda :D 

I want to know how you pronounce your missus's name? (Genuine question)

Booked the car in on Thursday for a Haldex oil and filter change as its not worth the hassle for what it costs, been to TPS and got a genuine oil filter, air filer and sump plug for £18, hopefully the Mobil 1 oil I bought from Opie will turn up tomorrow or Thursday so I can get on with doing that as I need to go up to Burton on Saturday for a CPD conference.  

And you thought it was another Mazda :D

I want to know how you pronounce your missus's name? (Genuine question)

its the other well know hairdresser mobile and a perfect partner to the MX5 il give you that :doh:

genuine answer think of it like "eefa"

How the hell a diesel motorway car doesn't have cruise control is beyond me. This is sold as a 'premium' car ffs.

I hope you enjoy it though hun xoxox

grainqey likes this

Is that because you can't get in and out any more  :pmsl:

Many years ago, while visiting a car supermarket in London, I shoe horned myself behind the wheel of one.  Could I get back out?  Like fuck I could. Thought I would have to get cut out until I rolled out to the side onto my hands.

its the other well know hairdresser mobile and a perfect partner to the MX5 il give you that :doh:

I'll get them together just for you :D

How the hell a diesel motorway car doesn't have cruise control is beyond me. This is sold as a 'premium' car ffs.

I hope you enjoy it though hun xoxox

I know, that was exactly my thought. It was a £250 option from new iirc, the 1st owner just didn't specify it for whatever reason. Luckily it's a fairly easy retrofit with only a little coding on VCDS.

Thank you darling ;)

Many years ago, while visiting a car supermarket in London, I shoe horned myself behind the wheel of one.  Could I get back out?  Like fuck I could. Thought I would have to get cut out until I rolled out to the side onto my hands.

:sorry:   :lolbang:  

Enjoy, Hope it serves you well!

Really do enjoy driving it, for a diseasel it really does like to rev and the grip from the 4 wheel drive system is very good, that may have something to do with the 245 width tyres :)

I've ended up cancelling the Haldex oil & filter change as Audi in their infinite wisdom do not recognise that the Gen 4 Haldex has a filter  :wtf:

It must have something in there or are there mice making it work? what do the TT forums say? surly some of them have done haldex oil and filter change?

And get some pictures posted man and don't forget to remove the hair dressing equipment of the back seat.

As for the handling that will be the silly wide tyres just going from 215 to 235 made a massive difference in a corner so 245! should be good!

PS please send me your postal address you got mail!

Edited by Gregs T5R
grainqey likes this

It must have something in there or are there mice making it work? what do the TT forums say? surly some of them have done haldex oil and filter change?

And get some pictures posted man and don't forget to remove the hair dressing equipment of the back seat.

As for the handling that will be the silly wide tyres just going from 215 to 235 made a massive difference in a corner so 245! should be good!

PS please send me your postal address you got mail!

Audi do say there is a filter, but it's somewhere deep in the bowels and will cost over £1k to change. There's a lot of confusion as there are a number of different generations of haldex fitted to the TTs. I have found a few threads on the tt forum, also found the filter on ebay for £60. 

Will take some pictures tomorrow, ran out of time today as I washed the TT, Jazz and the diseasel, and cleaned the interior of diseasel ready for sale.

to do list should say fit a CDL engine :P lol welcome to the t5d5 audi sub club haha!

to do list should say fit a CDL engine :P lol welcome to the t5d5 audi sub club haha!

But then I wouldn't get 50+mpg.

Thank you :D

I know the new Freelander with

the haldex system doesn't have a filter fitted ,the hole unit is a lot smaller.

That's what the main dealer said when asked for it to be changed.

Just did a Google .

http://auditttuning.org/2010/12/07/haldex-service-training-self-study-program/

Edited by Harvey

I know Irf and all Type R lovers will hate me forever after i say this. But I had to bash him over the head a few times not to buy a Civic Type R and to buy the TT instead :swoon:

I know Irf and all Type R lovers will hate me forever after i say this. But I had to bash him over the head a few times not to buy a Civic Type R and to buy the TT instead :swoon:

picard.jpg

;)

Gregs T5R likes this

9aab33e1698c07969cf81c0c7845be28423f4749

Gregs T5R likes this

I definitely made the correct decision, I know its not the same as a CTR but I drove the Jazz 1.4 VTEC (seen in the background of those pics) up North last weekend (Grimsby, Hull, Leeds from South Wales) and covered over 750 miles in 3 days. Bear with me here, but the Jazz has a similar philosophy though diluted to that of a CTR i.e harsh on uneven surfaces and a 4k rpm motorway cruising speed, even though it has cruise control, its just not a relaxing place to be for long distance driving. A CTR would only magnify those issues. Plus I had to stop for fuel 3 times.  

Off to St George's Park tomorrow in the Audi, 2k rpm at motorway cruising speeds, over 155miles each way (3hrs)  and depending on how quickly the drive goes via Llandovery/Brecon/Ludlow :) I should still have 1/2 a tank of fuel left at the end of the return journey and be fresh as a daisy on the other side.

And yes, you can all blame Greg :D 

Chris, when are you getting your Audi? :)