Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BlackBeast

BlackBeast V3.0

48 posts in this topic

I definitely made the correct decision, I know its not the same as a CTR but I drove the Jazz 1.4 VTEC (seen in the background of those pics) up North last weekend (Grimsby, Hull, Leeds from South Wales) and covered over 750 miles in 3 days. Bear with me here, but the Jazz has a similar philosophy though diluted to that of a CTR i.e harsh on uneven surfaces and a 4k rpm motorway cruising speed, even though it has cruise control, its just not a relaxing place to be for long distance driving. A CTR would only magnify those issues. Plus I had to stop for fuel 3 times.  

Off to St George's Park tomorrow in the Audi, 2k rpm at motorway cruising speeds, over 155miles each way (3hrs)  and depending on how quickly the drive goes via Llandovery/Brecon/Ludlow :) I should still have 1/2 a tank of fuel left at the end of the return journey and be fresh as a daisy on the other side.

And yes, you can all blame Greg :D

Chris, when are you getting your Audi? :)

Gonna drop in and have a look at this tomorrow.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-RS6-5-0TFSI-V10-Quattro-MTM-730BHP-FULL-RED-LEATHER-CERAMIC-BRAKES-8K-/181952146817?hash=item2a5d316d81:g:QNgAAOSwAKxWYvAb

Jesus H Christ - Chris, you can't under any circumstances buy a blue car with a bright red interior. I don't care how fast it goes. It's flies in the face of common decency. Wrong. Those wheels are bloody massive too - if you do buy it let me know & I'll gets home shares in continental or Michelin!

Looks fantastic on the outside. Thought you were after the Recaro CS lookalikes (don't know what they are called?) 730bhp, bloody hell, not sure if it will be  :drive1: or  :drive2:

Jesus H Christ - Chris, you can't under any circumstances buy a blue car with a bright red interior. I don't care how fast it goes. It's flies in the face of common decency. Wrong. 

Got to agree, whilst I was trawling through ebay/AT etc the amount of TTs with the best kit all had the red leather interior, some even had the seat plastics in red  :axeman: Horrendous. I also think that when you come to sell it, it'll be more difficult to move on.  

Like a Volvo an RS6 should always be an estate

Well that was a waste of time!

The RS6 is in the warehouse with all the classic cars.  The guy who has the key to the warehouse will be back Monday!  Nice one!

Also - in their reception they had this sign "£10 per test drive.  Or FREE if you purchase the car".  What the living fuck????!!!!

Spetsnaz GSh likes this

I guess it stops the dreamers and covers petrol, next it will say you got to cover the insurance as well.

Just reading the advert it says to book a test drive please call ,did you call and they still didn't sort one out.

Edited by Harvey

Done a couple of little things over the last few days, given the inside a good clean and I've bought a Tune2air WMA3000A A2DP bluetooth adapter which means I can now play Spotify from my phone :) Driving through mid Wales with no radio signal was very annoying, so now I have my tunes back :) Also bought a Gen4 Haldex filter kit off ebay, I did consider buying the cheaper Volvo kit but the spacer/seal is a different size and in most circumstances to remove it you end up breaking it therefore I couldn't risk it.

Removed a few badges from the boot and put some new plates on :)

WP_20160225_12_09_30_Pro_zps4bqqzkxr.jpg

Spetsnaz GSh likes this

There is something wrong with the Number plate? I would take it back! :D

Anyway we all know it reads VAG SLAG :P

And I can see an average normal person in the reflection of the paint lol

Cheers Greg/Leigh :D

Like a Volvo an RS6 should always be an estate

i second this motion.

Todays the day it's in for a full cambelt change including waterpump, I've asked them to change the thermostat and temp sensor whilst it's all apart, saves me from getting my hands dirty and also saves me from having to buy coolant. They are also changing the Haldex oil and the filter that Audi in their infinite wisdom do not know exists.

Not used this garage before, but it has a very good reputation so crossed fingers everything goes well.  

Nothing really to report with the TT, the garage that did the cambelt and haldex were superb. Since then (March) it's had fuel, cleaned, driven (had the weight of a Mongo in it) and that's it. 

One thing I do miss with the TT is the practicality and all round usability of a large estate so I'm thinking of a change, which coincides in the want of towing the mx5, canine chariot and the ability to chuck the bike in the back.

If I get the mx5 down to 800kg, a car trailer weighs 500kg (roughly?), it will make the selection process a lot easier as I could easily get away with a towing limit of 1600kg :)

Nothing really to report with the TT, the garage that did the cambelt and haldex were superb. Since then (March) it's had fuel, cleaned, driven (had the weight of a Mongo in it) and that's it. 

One thing I do miss with the TT is the practicality and all round usability of a large estate so I'm thinking of a change, which coincides in the want of towing the mx5, canine chariot and the ability to chuck the bike in the back.

If I get the mx5 down to 800kg, a car trailer weighs 500kg (roughly?), it will make the selection process a lot easier as I could easily get away with a towing limit of 1600kg :)

And that my boy is THE most important point  :oneforyou:

And that my boy is THE most important point  :oneforyou:

I had two engines delivered in the back of a TT. It still looked gay though.

Spetsnaz GSh likes this

Turns out that I can fit the bike in the boot of the TT  :crazy: with the rear seats down, parcel shelf out and front wheel of the bike removed. 

However, it will be up for sale next month, the straw that broke the camels back happened yesterday when a new lady friend called it a hairdressers car!  :swoon:

Are you sure your lady friend was not man in drag taking the piss!!!!!!!

Car stereotypes are a weird thing really, i actually like the gay golf awd aka TT, but alas men's cars must be long and girtheous.. ahem!

Lots of cars i consider to be 'night shift'  cars, so in no particular order (apart from micra)

MICRA

kia Cube et al

small Fords

Corsa's

Astra's

etc 

etc

actaually i even dislike most Volvo's, apart fom my recent mint 2004 60k XC70,  That was an SE Lux and it was a Goldielocks car, just right!

Why on earth did i sell it for a massive profit? Oh yes, the money..lol

What you getting next  :lolbang:  :whistling:

A white 850R if you're not careful  :lolbang:

Are you sure your lady friend was not man in drag taking the piss!!!!!!!

Only you have those kinds of dates mate  :pmsl:

Gregs T5R likes this

Lol you should know Steve you with me for a few months lol!!!!!

Lol you should know Steve you with me for a few months lol!!!!!

It's all making sense! That's what you were doing when you went 'away' every 3 weeks :D

Registration number has been put on retention, it doesn't look quite the same with the standard plates on. 

The kum wagon was sold to lightning on here, so I'm officially back in the TT full time. Glad to have Spotify back and 55mpg, though I do miss the straight line speed of the 850R. 

In the next few months, it'll be lowered by 30mm with H&R springs, a genuine set of 19"x9j Le Mans or RS4 wheels will go on at the same time and a slight freshen up of the lights, HIDs for dipped beam, led sidelights to complete the look on the front and genuine Audi led numberplate lights for the rear which aren't blindingly bright like all the aftermarket ones.

Slight taster :)

20170222_144351212_iOS_zpspcrlnnil.jpg

Gregs T5R likes this