Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pyaap

Sytner Mercedes Bristol Technician Caught Abusing Customer's Car

29 posts in this topic

I saw this on the news tonight! £1500 cash and a service to let someone test drive your car isn't a bad rate. Does make you wonder how many people actually do this and get away with it, with it being a main dealer you just wouldn't expect it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

foot to the floor and maximum revs for a good few seconds and they hit 58mph :rolleyes: AMG badge doing its bit for performance there

Mercedes does appear to have 'lost the plot'. 

My partner was looking to buy one from a main dealer.  She was more or less told just help yourself and look at the cars, no one came to assist as the dealership had just one 20 year old female there at reception who said she new nothing about the cars. Subsequently a fairly scruffy looking male who did not seem over interested was found and showed her around.

My son  (19) was looking to buy a used Mercedes from another main dealer and they were like high pressure salesman.  Offered him a crazy price for his car ( praying on his perceived naivety) and tried to get him to sign up (but didn't).  I went back to see salesman and he immediately increased his offer for the trade in by almost £1,000

Both were thoroughly disillusioned by their Mercedes experience.  Both independently went to Audi.  World of difference. Polite professional sales staff who took time and gave fair prices.

This story is all over the Internet and just about every car forum. It certainly won't do them any favours.

What could the dealer do ? What would you expect if this was your car ? I gather the driver in question has already been sacked.

Views ? :popcorn:

I'd be fucking raging if that was me.  That c**t would be lying in a puddle of his own blood and piss.  Makes me want to get a dash cam!

In this day and age, where every other person has a dash cam, how stupid have you got to be to treat a customers car like that?!

I'd have taken the £1500 though! lol  Actually anyone wanna rag an E63 for 10 minutes, £1500 a go.  Any takers?

I'd have taken the £1500 though! lol  Actually anyone wanna rag an E63 for 10 minutes, £1500 a go.  Any takers?

That's nearly two laps...

On a serious note I would imagine he would of had permission to drive the car at the end of a service for the road test. If he didn't then it's a case of TWOC.

broady likes this

Mechanic uses customers car to go to cash point?   I can't really get excited about this.......... happens all the time.   He drove the car hard, well so what.  

The customer was probably trying to blackmail Mercedes into giving him huge 'compensation' but decided to just go public when they refused. 

edit:

I reckon there is most likely implied consent for the garage to test a car when dropping it off for service or repairs.   They will argue that for a lot of jobs they need to take it for a quick run to verify everything is OK and all faults have been verified as fixed. 

Edited by BigV

Tbh in this instance at least I can actually see it both ways.

On the one hand the car is in for a service at a main dealer, no way should the car be used for food runs or personal use.

On the other hand, watching the video with the guy trying to highlight everything, maximum revs used and all that shite, it just wound me up tbh. Why I don't know but it did.

Fwiw if it's an e300 hybrid, I've got one parked outside right now (not mine obviously). It's not quick in any way shape or form. It's fucking shit.

Edit. On some of the ones that have previously been made public like the scoobyclinic one or the Holden Monaco that was taken to 120 or whatever, yes absolutely, way out of order but this one as bigV says above, just can't get excited.

Edited by irf

Actually I feel a bit sorry for the mechanic if he lost his job over this.  Yeah ok it shouldn't have happened.... but as I said this type of thing goes on ALL the time, you can be damn sure his supervisor or immediate line manager is well aware.  Basically it is easy for Mercedes to make a sacrificial lamb out of a low level employee like that, rather than tacking the culture of the organisation.  Although they will of course argue they were doing just that we all know it is BS. 

Also what kind of anally retentive individual records their car service (presumably hours long) and then goes through it all to create an 8 min video of every minor transgression that occured.  Almost everyone speeds......... I bet he doesn't post videos of himself doing it. Hypocrite. 

Edited by BigV

Actually I feel a bit sorry for the mechanic if he lost his job over this.  Yeah ok it shouldn't have happened.... but as I said this type of thing goes on ALL the time, you can be damn sure his supervisor or immediate line manager is well aware.  Basically it is easy for Mercedes to make a sacrificial lamb out of a low level employee like that, rather than tacking the culture of the organisation.  Although they will of course argue they were doing just that we all know it is BS. 

Also what kind of anally retentive individual records their car service (presumably hours long) and then goes through it all to create an 8 min video of every minor transgression that occured.  Almost everyone speeds......... I bet he doesn't post videos of himself doing it. Hypocrite. 

As a car enthusiast and someone who treats their cars as they're absolute pride a joy, that video fucks me off beyond all belief.  99% of people on this forum would be pissed if they had known a mechanic from a garage had treated their car in that way.  And we're not talking about a £2k shitter, we're talking about a relatively new 40 grands worth of car.  

You could argue it needed a test drive, maybe. Even though it didn't. You could argue that it might need revving to the red line once or twice just to make sure everything was in order, even though it didn't.  But you can't argue that repeated ragging, doing way beyond the speed limits on inappropriate roads in inappropriate traffic conditions, taring around a supermarket car park at 30+mph, using the car for a personal errand, driving like a general dickhead... is any any way shape or form justifiable.  How you can feel sorry for the mechanic makes me think your head ain't screwed on right!

How is he a hypocrite?  It's his fucking car.  If he chooses to rag it or speed in it, then that's his decision because it's his car.

Listen to the way that mechanic talks and conducts himself. I wouldn't let him touch my nippers Hot Wheels.  The dealer obviously knew they were wrong, they tried to buy his silence for £1500!

I work in that area, the dealership is a cross the road.  I wouldn't drive like that on those roads.  Pedestrians, buses, bus lanes in the middle of three lanes, lanes merging, lanes not going where you think they do, that main roundabout has light controlled entrances on some junctions and not others leading to very odd traffic flow - yes I know that and so did the driver being local but 90% of the drivers going to the Mall (Regional shopping centre) don't, there are always accidents with people pulling out on other people. You have to drive assuming others will do stupid manouveres, he didn't. There is a time and place for a 'road test', that is neither.

Actually anyone wanna rag an E63 for 10 minutes, £1500 a go.  Any takers?

Very tempted

Can i pick it up in the nurburgring car park please, also is there some sort of sliding discount scheme if i can bring it back in less then 10minutes?

Less than 10?  :popcorn:

:lolbang:

Well for me, if that was my car, the problem is..;

1. Eating chocolate in it.

2. Using it for an errand.

3. Driving it like a tool.

There is an expectation that when you leave a car in the hands of a dealer, they treat it with respect, only carry out work they have been authorised to do, and do not nip to the shops in it and drive it like a tool.

I've plenty people borrow my cars only to find chocolate*/pasty/other detritus fouling the drivers seat - they only get the one borrow.. Why should I put up with it ? I don't, of course..

I wonder what would have happened if it had been involved in an incident ? I've no doubt they would have tried to cover up the circumstances if not the actual damage. Video evidence obviously refutes that.

If something less serious were to happen, like a curbed alloy, or a scraped bumper, or a dent in a door, which I've no doubt has happened many times when vehicles have been left with garages, it would almost certainly have been a case of 'oh no that was there when we got the car..', and how would you go about proving them wrong ?

It shows a complete lack of respect and complete and utter contempt for other people's property, which many work hard for. Sure there will be some who don't give a shit but there are plenty that do.

It won't be long before people start getting garages or whoever they hand a car to for paid-for work to be asked to sign a hire-car like check sheet showing any and all damage to the vehicle before its handed over. That way, anything which is there afterwards can be back charged to the garage. In fact with my recent poor service from repair bodyshops I might just do that from now on.

And he didn't just exceed the speed limits, he was driving arguably wrecklessly in places, which is what I thought even before Redbrick's input with local knowledge. If other people do it, they're also tools - it doesn't make it right.

Besides, this wasn't just your 'mate' - it was a supposedly responsible main dealer who you are paying no doubt serious money for the care and attention that should go with it - this was not the case, and although it may happen without anyone's knowledge on a regular basis, when it's caught on camera I've got no sympathy for anyone involved. An example should and has been made of them. Perhaps they will reconsider their procedures and put steps in place to make sure it doesn't happen again. If it wasn't challenged, it'd still be happening over and over.

They owner is obviously aggrieved under the circumstances. He's every right to be.

Sytner have sacked the technician by all counts - the right thing to do and no doubt a considered response from the footage and no doubt subsequent interviews with the technician who, I would imagine, denied everything until he knew of video evidence.

Sytner have also offered the free service and £1,500 compensation, provided he is silenced. Not a bad offer I don't think given the circumstances. I probably would have taken the money and never gone there again!

He has decided he would rather make an example of the story. Fair play. That's up to him. He's under no obligation to take the money and keep schtum.

Sytner have decided not to offer services to the guy anymore. Fair play ? Perhaps they are under no obligation to do so, I guess, but if it's a car that's still under warranty he may have a valid claim for further unfair treatment, and it's something I'd be vigorously following up with MB until I got what I thought was justified.

It's a sorry story, instigated by the technician - under the control of Sytner, so they are ultimately responsible and will have to deal with any fallout as they see fit.

The very fact this story is now out serves a very useful purpose - don't take the piss as there can be consequences.

*Double Deckers are allowed.

:stupid2:  All of that, with a few extra fucks and c**ts in.

Well for me, if that was my car, the problem is..;

1. Eating chocolate* in it.

2. Using it for an errand.

3. Driving it like a fucking c**t.

There is an expectation that when you leave a car in the hands of a dealer, they treat it with fucking respect, only carry out work they have been authorised to do, and do not nip to the shops in it and drive it like a c**ting tool.

I've plenty people borrow my cars only to find chocolate*/pasty/other shite fouling the drivers seat - they only get the one fucking borrow.. Why should I put up with the c**t ? I don't, of course..

I wonder what would have happened if the c**t had been involved in an incident ? I've no doubt they would have tried to cover up the circumstances if not the actual fucking damage. Video evidence obviously refutes that.

If something less serious were to happen, like a curbed alloy, or a scraped bumper, or a dent in a door, which I've no doubt has happened many times when vehicles have been left with twatting garages, it would almost certainly have been a fucking case of 'oh no that was there when we got the car..', and how would you go about proving the c**ts wrong ?

It shows a complete lack of fucking respect and complete and utter fucking contempt for other people's property, which many work fucking hard for. Sure there will be some who don't give a shit but there are plenty that fucking do.

It won't be long before people start getting c**ts at garages or whoever they hand a car to for paid-for work to be asked to sign a hire-car like check sheet showing any and all damage to the vehicle before its handed over. That way, anything which is there afterwards can be back charged to the fucking garage. In fact with my recent poor service from FUCKING repair bodyshops I might just do that from now on.

And he didn't just exceed the fucking speed limits, he was driving arguably like a c**t in places, which is what I thought even before Redbrick's input with local knowledge. If other people do it, they're also c**ts - it doesn't make it right.

Besides, this wasn't just your 'mate' - it was a supposedly responsible main dealer who you are paying no doubt serious fucking money for the care and attention that should go with it - this was not the case, and although it may happen without anyone's knowledge on a regular basis, when it's caught on camera I've got no fucking sympathy for the c**ts. An example should and has been made of them. Perhaps they will reconsider their procedures and put steps in place to make sure it doesn't happen again. If it wasn't challenged, it'd still be happening over and over.

The owner is obviously fucking aggrieved under the circumstances. He's every right to be.

Sytner have sacked the c**t by all counts - the right thing to do and no doubt a considered response from the footage and no doubt subsequent interviews with the c**t who, I would imagine, denied everything until he knew of the fucking video evidence.

Sytner have also offered the free service and £1,500 compensation, provided he is silenced. Not a fucking bad offer I don't think given the circumstances. I probably would have taken the c**t and never gone there again!

He has decided he would rather make an example of the story. Fair play. That's up to him. He's under no obligation to take the fucking money and keep schtum.

Sytner have decided not to offer services to the guy anymore. Fair play ? Perhaps they are under no obligation to do so, I guess, but if it's a car that's still under warranty he may have a valid claim for further unfair fucking treatment, and it's something I'd be vigorously following up with the c**ts at MB until I got what I thought was fucking justified.

It's a sorry story, instigated by the c**t - under the control of Sytner, so they are ultimately responsible and will have to deal with any fallout as they see fit.

The very fact this story is now out serves a very useful purpose - don't take the piss as there can be fucking consequences.

*Double Deckers are allowed.

That better ? :lol:

Well fo' me, if dat was mah car, tha problem is..;

1. Eatin chocolate up in dat shit.

2. Usin it fo' a errand.

3. Ridin it like a tool.

There be a expectation dat when you leave a cold-ass lil hoopty up in tha handz of a thugged-out dealer, they treat it wit respect, only carry up work they done been authorised ta do, n' do not nip ta tha shops up in it n' drive it like a tool.

I've fuckloadz playas borrow mah rides only ta find chocolate*/pasty/other detritus foulin tha drivers seat - they only git tha one borrow.. Why should I put up wit it , biatch? I don't, of course..

I wonder what tha fuck would have happened if it had been involved up in a incident , biatch? I've no diggity they would have tried ta cover up tha circumstances if not tha actual damage. Video evidence obviously refutes that.

If suttin' less straight-up was ta happen, like a cold-ass lil curbed alloy, or a scraped bumper, or a thugged-out dent up in a thugged-out door, which I've no diggity has happened nuff times when vehiclez done been left wit garages, it would almost certainly done been a cold-ass lil case of 'oh no dat was there when we gots tha car..', n' how tha fuck would you go bout provin dem wack ?

It shows a cold-ass lil complete lack of respect n' complete n' utta contempt fo' other peoplez property, which nuff work hard for. Shiiit, dis aint no joke. Right back up in yo muthafuckin ass. Sheezy there is ghon be some whoz ass don't give a gangbangin' finger-lickin' dirty-ass shiznit but there be fuckloadz dat do.

It won't be long before playas start gettin garages or whoever they hand a cold-ass lil hoopty ta fo' paid-for work ta be axed ta sign a hire-car like check shizzle showin any n' all damage ta tha hoopty before its handed over n' shit. That way, anythang which is there afterwardz can be back charged ta tha garage. In fact wit mah recent skanky steez from repair bodyshops I might just do dat from now on.

And da ruffneck didn't just exceed tha speed limits, da thug was rollin arguably wrecklessly up in places, which is what tha fuck I thought even before Redbrickz input wit local knowledge. If other playas do it, they also tools - it don't make it right.

Besides, dis wasn't just yo' 'mate' - dat shiznit was a supposedly responsible main deala whoz ass yo ass is payin no diggity straight-up scrilla fo' tha care n' attention dat should go wit it - dis was not tha case, n' although it may happen without mah playass knowledge on a regular basis, when itz caught on camera I've gots no sympathy fo' mah playas involved. Y'all KNOW dat shit, muthafucka! An example should n' has been made of dem wild-ass muthafuckas. Perhaps they will reconsider they procedures n' put steps up in place ta make shizzle it don't happen again. I aint talkin' bout chicken n' gravy biatch. If it wasn't challenged, it'd still be goin' down over n' over.

They balla is obviously aggrieved under tha circumstances. Dat punk every last muthafuckin right ta be.

Sytner have sacked tha technician by all counts - tha right thang ta do n' no diggity a cold-ass lil considered response from tha footage n' no diggity subsequent rap battlez wit tha technician who, I would imagine, denied every last muthafuckin thang until he knew of vizzle evidence.

Sytner have also offered tha free steez n' £1,500 compensation, provided he is silenced. Y'all KNOW dat shit, muthafucka! Not a gangbangin' finger-lickin' dirty-ass shitty-ass offer I don't be thinkin given tha circumstances. I probably would have taken tha scrilla n' never gone there again!

Dude has decided da thug would rather cook up a example of tha story. Fair play. Thatz up ta his muthafuckin ass. Dat punk under no obligation ta take tha scrilla n' keep schtum.

Sytner have decided not ta offer skillz ta tha muthafucka no mo'. Fair play , biatch? Perhaps they is under no obligation ta do so, I guess yo, but if itz a cold-ass lil hoopty thatz still under warranty he may gotz a valid claim fo' further unfair treatment, n' itz suttin' I'd be vigorously followin up wit MB until I gots what tha fuck I thought was justified.

It aint nuthin but a sorry story, instigated by tha technician - under tha control of Sytner, so they is ultimately responsible n' will gotta deal wit any fallout as they peep fit.

Da straight-up fact dis rap is now up serves a straight-up useful purpose - don't take tha piss as there can be consequences.

*Double Deckers is allowed. Y'all KNOW dat shit, muthafucka!

post-534-0-35192900-1459873204_thumb.jpg

Aside from the 'Test Drive'  I worry about the driving inside the garage before the journey.

2 x near misses, once when reversing back in and the second after picking up his wallet and wants to go forward but still has it in reverse.

not one comment about the van with the brake light out........

Aside from the 'Test Drive'  I worry about the driving inside the garage before the journey.

2 x near misses, once when reversing back in and the second after picking up his wallet and wants to go forward but still has it in reverse.

It's getting pedantic but the point ought to be the vehicle was left in an unsafe condition, no driver in the vehicle and the engine running whilst in reverse. It should of been left in Park if the engine was't turned off.

The whole sorry state is more of a reflection on the company than the individual.

I think it's a fine line between what's appropriate and what's not, last night I returned a car to a customer and it was a 220 mile journey. I stopped at a cash machine, filled up with fuel and went to Mc Donald's. They were all on the same site on the road I was already on and I ate the food in my wife's car instead of the customers. 

I imagine that the anger by the owner is amplified beyond average as it appears he may use the car for professional purposes, it says he's a chauffeur. 

On one side it wouldn't look good for his car being seen driven in an improper manner as any existing/potential clients who were out on the road at the time, thinking he would be behind the wheel, wouldn't be impressed.  This does assume that he takes some pride in his job of carting people about in a safe manner.

On another front there was also a risk that the source of his income would have been damaged from a collision and rendered out of action.  We don't know but perhaps he has financial commitments and/or a family to support from using that car.

The cynic in me also says that the publicity he has received would have cost more than £1500 if done on a commercial basis...

Edited by Urban Tiger