Raedon

Wastegate actuator ARD

12 posts in this topic

Hi guys. I have Volvo S70T5.I want to ask. Mam 19 tons conversion and remap unit ARD. Wastegate actuator I also ARD. The foundation is set to 4.4 psi. But with this by setting my pressure turbo at full throttle fluctuated up and down. Vacuum tubes and TCV ARD is new. So we moved the sticks for the wastegate actuator 3 turns. And the pressure is okay now. Just set at 0.2 bar maybe less. It's alright? Turbo fills me with 1.2 bar. What actually happens when stick on wastegatu accelerated or decelerated? What do I make? During the performance of the turbo?

Your hardware isn't suitable for your software. Unless you and your mapper are very skilled and clearly understand each other you won't be able to get a good rounded result.

Your boost going up and down is the ECU trying to protect the engine as the engine load is too great for the map, using a weaker actuator or running with the Wastegate open will reduce the surge BUT give poor performance.

In most cases you will have smoother boost control with a new standard TCV than the HD types.

I have an ECU with an ARD Brown Tune that behaves just the same.

What does it mean? I have done according to remap the ECU hardware in the car. Does this mean that I have done wrong map units? I have to try another drive? Pressure me but also fluctuated with the original unit.

If your boost was unstable before you need to find the cause of that before continuing with tuning.

The pressure fluctuated me is under control settings wastegate to 0.3 bar. I eased off the pressure and the car goes "normal" It's me just why it does not work at 0.3bar. Maybe it's all in the unit from ARD. I do not know .... wastegatu control of ARD can configure up to 10PS. Really do not know what would be done to the car talc to be 0.5 bar. Is there any way harm the engine and turbo?

The boost altering is unlikely to harm the engine BUT I would strongly advise checking the fueling and if possible the knock detection.

Is the boost OK with standard parts and ECU?

On my car already adjustments. It's just that when draped over ECU ARD serial ecu pressure fluctuated meetings. Here is an overview Prep. I do not know yet if the problem is not with 19T conversion. Mam Exhaust cast straight not angular, and it is essentially meetings of 16 tons in the exhaust parts. Natural Verva 100 tanks acetate. Walbro pumps use 265th

S70 T5 97 tdo4hl 19T Conversion

VIVA reverse intercooler pipe

intercooler SNABB

intake pipe SNABB

IPD phenolic intake

JR Opti flow

HKS blow off

3 "Downpipe,

2,5 "BSR exhaust

R manifold

Tcv ARD

IPD msd ignition

IPD sparg plug

Ard connecting rods

Ard lightweight pulley

Wallbro 265

R injectors 465cc

N/a cams (volvo 2.5 20v)

Edited by Raedon

Hi guys. I have Volvo S70T5.I want to ask. Mam 19 tons conversion and remap unit ARD. Wastegate actuator I also ARD. The foundation is set to 4.4 psi. But with this by setting my pressure turbo at full throttle fluctuated up and down. Vacuum tubes and TCV ARD is new. So we moved the sticks for the wastegate actuator 3 turns. And the pressure is okay now. Just set at 0.2 bar maybe less. It's alright? Turbo fills me with 1.2 bar. What actually happens when stick on wastegatu accelerated or decelerated? What do I make? During the performance of the turbo?

Did you sort out your problem?

Usually the high pressure 16T turbo cracks at 4.4psi.

To setup the waste gate without a pressure gauge remove actuator arm. Make sure the waste gate is shut.

Then put actuator arm back on and remove again and put about 3 turns of pre load on arm and fit back to waste gate.

On a 16T high pressure turbo that should give you 4.4psi cracking pressure.

The easiest way is to use a pressure gauge and set the waste gate to the correct cracking psi for the turbo and fit to waste gate.

Not sure what 19T cracking pressure is but there is info online so check what yours should be.

I use a 0.3 BAR Spring set to crack at 4.4 psi on a 16T and I get 1.3BAR steady boost up to 5500 RPM before it starts to drop off. MTE stage 2 remap set to run at 19 psi so it works well

What is your map set to produce? If you don't know that it's hard to select correct Spring etc.

Hi. So I don't have vyresene kolisani meetings pressure turbos. About two such do I remap the ecu from the ARD. We also did an overhaul of the engine and we have put in place 16 19T Conversion. Map me car was Delano, according to the specification that I sent to the ARD. When the unit back so dosla me jme car put on a diagnostic and four errors. When we went for a ride car so pressure kolisal pressure on the still turbu between 0.4-0.8 bar. Although the car accelerated but wrong. We've got four zavity on Pridali control wastegatu and the car is a total sklidnilo, and according to me we ztraceli power. So we gave estovali but at the same time I was unable to get more than pressure turbu 0.8 bar. Even today, vic netlacim as 0.8 bar and I don't know why. TCV, I guess four menil uz. And nothing. Podltakove hose ok. Turbo repass. Could I somehow damage control wastegatu? Steloval I, the thermal baths. I finally got another map from ARD but pressure still kolisa. Truly, I don't know what it already can be. This time I am but the ARD sent his original unit, and again after returning and ecu Diagnostics Pisa prehrani me two errors. And this cidlo Acceleration (cidlo pressure sani 444) and companion error: very snimac pressure nadrze. I don't understand why, when the unit prior to remap the ecu had no errors. Muzou these errors affect the performance? Muze's apartment the cause? Or I could be damaged by wastegate? Please advice

I don't think you will ever get to have stable and desirable boost with your mix of hardware and software. Remote mapping with a car so far removed from standard in 99% of cases won't give good results unless accurate feedback and logging is done, you and ARD won't be able to do that.