Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Muhammad

Post 2016 Track Day Discussion & Pics / Vids

72 posts in this topic

Good point aid, will have a look online otherwise I'll just drill a hole/holes.

With regard to mongo I can quite graphically show how much of a difference he makes.

Look, normal passenger, not too much roll.

_JEN2729_zps4az9kc1o.jpg

Then mongo. My poor tyres.

_JEN3228_zps7eqsebgv.jpg

Thanks for those pics paul, awesome.

I like to think of it as getting the weight over the front for the bend,for grip of course.

another stint from friday

Paul

Hey guys, I don't pop up on here very often (but do regularly use the forum for advice!) But I just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone I met at Castle Combe on the Friday who made me feel very welcome and took me out in their cars. I had a great day and would have loved to stay for the whole weekend but unfortunately nightshifts called :( Hope everyone had an amazing time and got home safe, hopefully see some of you guys again soon :-)

Well had a great weekend, met some really nice people and was able to put facex to names etc. First time out for me, took me a while to get use to the track and how the car handled it, will learn alot and be back for next year.  Top weekend, Top cars , Top people thanks again.  Redbricks motor was well quick :-)

Edited by mrboost

Robbie missing a cone  :drive1:

Paul

Nice pics mate. Thanks.

Missed that cone but properly took at the two at The Esses mid morning; got waaaay too enthusiastic and braked too soft, too late so carried a wee bit of excess speed  :doh:

Whats going on with your bonnet robbie? R888 causing a bit of chassis flex

Turns out the bonnet lock is being a bugger on the driver side and not fully latching despite Tim's best ministrations a couple of weeks ago and again at Kings on Saturday. Another job on the list, the other was playing up previously  :mellow:  

Good point aid, will have a look online otherwise I'll just drill a hole/holes.

With regard to mongo I can quite graphically show how much of a difference he makes.

Look, normal passenger, not too much roll.

_JEN2729_zps4az9kc1o.jpg

Then mongo. My poor tyres.

Thanks for those pics paul, awesome.

For scientific proof of concept you two should have swapped places and repeated the exercise  :whistling:

And the vehicle in the background reminded me that you, me and Tim never carried on where we left off last year, and not just with plastering your car in stickers LOL.

I did see a pink air freshener on the floor near where we were parked - has that fallen off irf's car ?

And the vehicle in the background reminded me that you, me and Tim never carried on where we left off last year, and not just with plastering your car in stickers LOL.

Think I told you Robbie, coming out the pits one time I was pretty sure it was you behind me, thought, ahh I'll soon disappear, couple of corners later you're still there and I had to start wondering if that was your car or someone else's lol. It was afterwards I think I found out or realised that you had some 888s.

Another great day and thanks to Ashok and everyone else involved in organising things  :thumbsup: .

Great pizza, abundant tea.

Plenty of banter, some pleasant, some not so pleasant (we diseasels do have feelings you know  :cry: ).

Standard of driving was much, much better this year IMHO, or maybe I'm just less nervous.

Thanks to Tim for the loan of the wheels and tyres. Transformed the car completely although by comparison I will never lay claim to matching how Tim can drive a diseasel, as the cones at The Esses found out LOL. Also learnt to turn off the bl**dy DTSC/spin control (as much as you can on a P2); didn't affect how the car drove but would have saved me a set of rear pads; they were well overcooked and had to be changed on Saturday.

Just thankful Ashok arranged the weather for the day, if we had got the biblical downpour on the drive back to base after the session during the session I think the day would have turned out somewhat different  :o

Another trip out in Ashok's "D5" on full slicks just reminded me i) how nuts the car is and ii) how Tim drives like it's "traditional" Sunday Volvo stroll on a country lane whilst I'm hanging on for grim death but giggling like Irf does.

Thanks also to Redbrick for hosting overnight stays and Tony at Kings Volvo for fitting me in at very late notice for new rear pads plus spotting loose drive shaft bolts (accounts for the axle ping I've been hearing of late) plus the cracked ABS ring (although not actually giving an issue at the time) and getting it all sorted out on the same day. Much obliged  :)

Think I told you Robbie, coming out the pits one time I was pretty sure it was you behind me, thought, ahh I'll soon disappear, couple of corners later you're still there and I had to start wondering if that was your car or someone else's lol. It was afterwards I think I found out or realised that you had some 888s.

Yup, moi, sat behind you waiting to go out, can't remember exactly when but I was thinking "when is he going to realise it's me and start his usual antics". Did sort of stick with you until after Esses but you soon pi**ed off into the distance. I did think you'd push on and try to lap me to start !"playing" but never did   :huh:

I also remember passing your car at one point, near the turn back into the pits. Gave you a cheerful beep, beep as I went past but not sure who was driving. Can't have been you as I assume that would have been like a red rag to a bull  :flamer:

Lol! Was probably Gary, he took it out for a few laps because yes, I would have got behind you to play around/ be an arsehole.

another stint from Friday

My favourite bit - 7:07

:sorry:

My favourite bit - 7:07

:sorry:

Lol it's OK I let a lot of people past on Friday.

Paul

Just uploaded a vid where i took the fire engine driver out (forgot his name). Now, you'll probably groan and i do apologise because i know these track days aren't about lap times. Last year i somehow managed a 1.24. I wasn't able to do that this year even though i'm on 888s (older and slower) but what i did do was do a warm up lap and then bang out three 1.25s in succession. Pretty chuffed with that i have to admit. Here's the laps.

Since i took a year off taking pictures ;) did anyone get a picture of my car??

Since i took a year off taking pictures ;) did anyone get a picture of my car??

Dunno what does your car look like?

Paul

Red RX-8.

Any photos or vids of my shed? Ta!

Awesome day!

Massive thanks to Ashok for organising and for putting my car away for the night.

Thoroughly enjoyed this year!  I think everything has been covered & this year just turned out great, be good to know the final figure for charity.

Yep, really really enjoyed it! i think the best year yet for me....due to us only having a 10 hour sesh the day before and were in bed for 11 o'clock!  :whistling:

Car wise, it seemed to go pretty well, we used pilot cup sports 2 this year, they made a LOT of noise! but the handling of the car was fantastic, just not sure if the direzza 03g were better or not they certainly didn't screech like the sport 2's did.

only a few vid this year as i didn't have a full battery so was messing around charging up at the track.

one on of the laps i do remember seeing foggy going through the chicane and thinking s8@t that thing goes well as it was cocking one of it wheels! lol

https://youtu.be/z7NJnW0FFLY

https://youtu.be/5gGbNWy4ALI

Edited by peacey

Yep a red rx8

sorry not got any of your car

paul