Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stevieduk1

roof trim strips

7 posts in this topic

Hello to all , just joined this forum, and hope that some one can help me.

I have a T5 estate 1997 reg and have notice recently the plastic coating on the roof trim strips ,  that cover where the roof is welded to the body , is starting to peel up on one side and a small bit has come off today showing shiny metal/ plastic underneath.

I have looked on Ebay useing all the terminology I can think of , roof strips , roof joining trim, roof trim, plastic roof strips , and all I get is roof bars or roof racks

so my question is what is the technical term for these strips, and does anyone know were you can buy new ones

HELP

Quite hard to tell from VIDA but here are some part numbers for the 855:

9 Trim moulding, left 1.00  9159490   
  (9151156), CH-293166   
  For cars without rails    
  Trim moulding, right 1.00  9159491   
  CH-293166, (9151157)   
  For cars without rails    
  Trim moulding, left 1.00  9159492   
  CH-292613, (6817934)   
  For cars with rails.    
  Trim moulding, right 1.00  9159493   
  CH-292613, (6817935)   
  For cars with rails.    
 9a Trim moulding, left 1.00  9151675   
  CH 293167-   
  For cars without rails    
  Trim moulding, right 1.00  9151676   
  CH 293167-   
  For cars without rails    
  Trim moulding, left 1.00  9151677   
  CH 292614-   
  For cars with rails.    
  Trim moulding, right 1.00  9151678   
  CH 292614-   
  For cars with rails.    
 9b  Retainer 14.00  9178792   
  (6846331)

Edited by Redbrick

I know for a saloon volvo want £86 each as i priced some up no long ago.

breakers is your best bet if you want to save some dollor.

Same issue on my 97 v70r. Looking tired and the clips started to fail, clips are cheap from volvo.. but the strips are £130+ a side with discount. So.. I decided the V70s look better with roof rails so I found one in a breaker and took the whole set of roof rails and windscreen side strips for £40. Sorted. The 1997/98 roof rails dispense with the strips after the windscreen. Not sure on the 1999. 

I've since noticed 1999 P1 V70s with a different (better looking) type of roof rails so I might swap to those if i see one in a scrapyard.. not noticed that difference before.

well i know this might make some people shudder but its not as cheap and nasty as it sounds honest.  what to get is the wide electrical insulation tape , the plastic stuff, and you will find that it is exactly the right width to cover the strip. wipe the strip down with some methylated spirit and when it has dried carefully apply the tape leaving excess at each end and trim that when its all on ok. keep it tight when applying but dont stretch it,

it works super , and you can buy it in a range of colours so possibly match the body colour  

Hmmm not sure about that id like to see what it looks like after a month in the elements

If theres enough surface area to get the same stuff the wrap cars with to stick then i reckon thats the best bet my strips dont have long left so il need some sort of option for when they go