Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stevieduk1

front brake caliper carriers

5 posts in this topic

hi , I am trying to find a pair of front brake carriers so i can change my front disks from 288mm to 302mm , does anyone have a pair they want to sell or does anyone know the volvo part number so i can ask at the dealers

Apparently there are two types, the part numbers are 8602456 and 8251319. The former seem to be twice the price of the other for some reason even though they're both volvo products, I'm currently in the market for some too but can't yet figure out the correct ones to get!

This is info I've gained so far via the web. The more expensive ones are adonised where as the others are painted, and the main difference between the two are that one has 'ears' that will foul smaller wheels but am yet to find out which! If any one is clued up on this please feel free to chime in?

Hi mate thanks for the info. I contacted my local volvo guy and he was really helpfull, and after giveing him the part numbers you gave me, he says the first number ending 2456 , no longer exists and has been superseded by 8251319 .

price is currently £42.00 each including VAT, and the order goes from them to Volvo , and they order from there suppliers, so it can take 3 weeks till they arrive in the u.k..

He did email me a picture and it must be the one you refered to as having ears , but thats all you can get now