Redbrick

Ring '17

66 posts in this topic

Early days but who's up for it in May?

Got a scratch that needs itching and a fully Ring ready Fiddy that needs a good spanking.

I'm up for May as per the at length duscussion we had about it yesterday. By "we" I mean those that went this time. Ryan's going to sort out "screen wash" delivery to the hotel. He may have to pop to Holland to pick it up but I don't mind.

I'm literally just in the door and I have to deal with this?

Anyway, seems like a good idea :D

Was discussing at work today, any idea on dates??

I would imagine everyone on the forum is up for it at this point but pending the dates being released (as long as its not the last weekend in May im good) and other factors that may change i think the best bet is to look back on previous years opening times take a guess at what days we want to do and book the hotel asap to avoid disappointment

Pencil me in. Just have to make sure I can get the time off from work when the dates are decided- arranging cover is a pain in the arse!

Pencil me in. Just have to make sure I can get the time off from work when the dates are decided- arranging cover is a pain in the arse!

I can pick you up if you want as your car won't be ready.

I've got the Nurburg fever definitely coming next year can't get it out my head

Oi Robbie my D5 has done a lap of the ring - whats your excuse?

:P

Oi Robbie my D5 has done a lap of the ring - whats your excuse?

:P

I spoke to Robbie's Dad about a Ring trip for Robbie. I'm sure he'll see sence and come to avoid me posting up stories about him

I can pick you up if you want as your car won't be ready.

You're probably right - I may well have to take you up on the offer! Got to get out of work first.

You're probably right - I may well have to take you up on the offer! Got to get out of work first.

I'll call you in sick and pyapp will write you a sick note.

Getting Robbie to the Ring is a priority as well. Just want to see his face in Pinocchio's when Tim does the 50'' pizza and 2 4 1 mixed grill.

grainqey likes this

Lol - how could I possibly refuse an offer like that! Count me in. Watching Tim devour his on body weight in carbs & protein should also prove entertaining even if I don't have a car to drive!

grainqey likes this

Only just seen this under a different area!  I am in for sure, seems like a lot of interest as well!

The German public holiday I think is the first week in June 17, however as always I would much rather do a week of evenings, say arrive Sunday evening, Monday all day (usually quieter), then do till Friday in the evenings and come back sat/sun.  Then again the track may not always be open each day, lets wait until Jan/Feb when the dates are released for touristfarten.

Ideally if we can find a week after a VLN event then its normally open sat evening all day sunday and then we just need to take a gamble that it will be open all week the VLN dates are released a fair bit before the ring dates too iirc so we could try to get in early with jackie's as that normally seams to be the stumbling block as she gets booked up

Count me in!

Edited by s70t5chris

Count me in!

Not even Mo knows what car he'll have.

Count me in! 

Btw... Tim, did Andy ever get back to your text message? 

Count me in! 

Btw... Tim, did Andy ever get back to your text message? 

No.

I have confirmed (pending release dates) my friend Chris in a Megane RS, which next month is going in for a decat, full system and custom remap, it is properly quick already, so looking forward to seeing the outcome of that. And Ashley in a new Honda civic type R, the turbocharged one with lots of spoilers and huuuuge brakes!

Both are at the opposite end of spectrum from our cars, pretty much designed for the ring.  Both drivers are however sensible minded so wont be setting any records but want say 'I've done the ring' and bring the car back in 1 piece... but we all know what kind of addiction that leads to! :drive1:

Edited by s40rch

I have confirmed (pending release dates) my friend Chris in a Megane RS, which next month is going in for a decat, full system and custom remap, it is properly quick already, so looking forward to seeing the outcome of that. And Ashley in a new Honda civic type R, the turbocharged one with lots of spoilers and huuuuge brakes!

Both are at the opposite end of spectrum from our cars, pretty much designed for the ring.  Both drivers are however sensible minded so wont be setting any records but want say 'I've done the ring' and bring the car back in 1 piece... but we all know what kind of addiction that leads to! :drive1:

Tony only wanted to do one safe lap but a momentary lapse in common sense and he agreed to follow Irf. If it's your first lap and you want to follow Irf AWD, S&M rubber and a winch would be wise.