Redbrick

Ring '17

50 posts in this topic

I would like to join you guys, but have to wait for the dates to be able to confirm :) 

I would like to join you guys, but have to wait for the dates to be able to confirm :)

No problem, of course you're more than welcome. We won't know when we're going until early next year when the dates are released, more than likely we will be at more than one hotel so plenty of choice for driving, drinking and "dancing".

Ric@rdo likes this

Well in 2017 the German Whit Monday long weekend we would usually go on is the 5th of June 2017. We did discuss not going for the complete weekend as it often gets too busy and becomes pointless.

Going over on Sunday 4th and doing all day Monday(usually quieter) and the rest of the week evenings would be ideal. However this is so close to combe it makes it difficult.  If the week before is open all week perhaps we could forget the Whit Monday weekend all together and do say 28th May - 3rd June or roughly there about pending opening hours.

Well in 2017 the German Whit Monday long weekend we would usually go on is the 5th of June 2017. We did discuss not going for the complete weekend as it often gets too busy and becomes pointless.

Going over on Sunday 4th and doing all day Monday(usually quieter) and the rest of the week evenings would be ideal. However this is so close to combe it makes it difficult.  If the week before is open all week perhaps we could forget the Whit Monday weekend all together and do say 28th May - 3rd June or roughly there about pending opening hours.

Agree, 4-5 weekday evenings does work very well, let's wait and see. I cannot make it if it's any closer than 3 weeks before Combe as I need time to recover...

grainqey likes this

Tony only wanted to do one safe lap but a momentary lapse in common sense and he agreed to follow Irf. If it's your first lap and you want to follow Irf AWD, S&M rubber and a winch would be wise.

Totally agree with this. Not sure why you'd need the S&M rubber to follow me but I'm sure we could find a use for that afterwards.

May is looking a busy month in terms of non touristenfahrten dates

12 - 14th drift cup

20th is some stupid idea where people want to run around it rather then drive :rtfm:

25 - 28th is a 24hr race weekend

so that leaves the first weekend in May free or something around the week before or just after the 20th say arrive on the 14th depart on the 20th although hotels might be a pita around that weekend as all those weirdo runners will be booking em up

http://www.nuerburgring.de/en/events-tickets/info/events-dates.html

I thought we agreed on weekday evening sessions?  The last week in May/first week in June is usually the week where it is open every evening leading up to whit Monday when we would usually go.  I think all we can do is wait until we get the TF dates and confirm numbers for Jackie's by 9am for example.

the problem with the last week in May/first week of June is the rock AM ring kicks off on the 2nd of june so arriving on the 28th may after the racing we would need to leave on the 2nd of June possibly the 1st depending on when they start letting people camp out

im quite happy to do a week of evenings this year the ring opened sunday evening after the racing so i reckon the 14th - 20th is the best bet - Jackie is happy to take a provisional booking so i think we should try to agree a week now and book that as if we wait for the dates to be released we run the risk of not being able to get a booking and messing about with multiple hotels again

THE DATES ARE OUT THE DATES ARE OUT AHHHHHHH

Everybody panic!!!

Eithers good for me although on face value atm i would pick 9-14 its open from 17:15 instead of 17:30 all week and the 20th has a stronman run thing going on which was a bit of a pita last time there was a run on as all the roads get closed i left the ring to cool my brakes 1 time and it took me 30mins of sitting in tradfic to get back :angry:

How about a vote on the dates? I vote 9th to 15th and I've booked the available rooms for then lol.

Got a hotel in adenau for the 11th to the 15th.

Things are starting to come to plan!  I have 2 guests coming,  staying at our usual Hotel.

Scott in a VW Polo GTI, the white one at coombe. For a 1.8T this thing goes really well, such a capable car with the active chassis.

Ash in a new Civic Type R, really intrigued to see this go round as its pretty much made for the ring, on super sports too.

4 months 4 days and counting!

Ryan

So I thought I was getting 'ring ready' early this year, and then the ABS light comes on :mad:

My abs light has been on since i got the car i find you can learn to ignore it quite easily after a while

You are crazy!  Can you not find a replacement module for your early type?  I find the ABS useful for when the back end becomes unsettled e.g. braking after a jump.

not sure it is the module afaik they don't suffer the same dry solder issue of the later ones, ive always found the back end of the 850 very predictable when it moves around so not that concerned about it im more concerned with locking the front and sliding off the track when on the limit then when it moves around so I always brake early

2 hours ago, s40rch said:

So I thought I was getting 'ring ready' early this year, and then the ABS light comes on :mad:

C30's going to Tim later this month, so SHOULD be well ready in plenty of time.

6 minutes ago, s70t5chris said:

C30's going to Tim later this month, so SHOULD be well ready in plenty of time.

I actually cannot wait for the build thread updates! I hope its ready in time, I am fed up of how reliable the ATR has been :lolbang:

I just hope to see ST and maybe even RS drivers looking at it angrily as its overtaken them on a lap :P

Still gotta sort out wheels and tyres, still undecided.  I'm aiming to get a couple of track days in before the ring & combe, just to test the reliability!  Technically its should be fairly solid! (famous last words!!)

If you've got the time it makes sense! If it's not too far I may pop by :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 09/01/2017 at 10:48 AM, tingy said:

My abs light has been on since i got the car i find you can learn to ignore it quite easily after a while

I think it's intermittent as I'm sure it works when MOT'd.

1 hour ago, Tim Williams said:

I think it's intermittent as I'm sure it works when MOT'd.

:lol: