Redbrick

Ring '17

200 posts in this topic

Scott's first lap in the M6!

 

DSK likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Instead of posting 10 videos of laps which are mostly just me circulating  ive done a highlights video

 

 

 

Redbrick, Gregs T5R, DSK and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice thread guys, enjoying those vids right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@s70t5chris...sorry mate, on all videos i have posted, i didn´t see a white E63...but i will keep an eye on it!

Sorry gents, had a business trip and could not check all the youtube channels, will continue in the next days!

Thank you all for posting your own videos!!!very nice!!!

Found another one:

 

1:29 Redbrick

2:03 Tim with backfire and afterwards again Tim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a bit different style...with music, playing around with Slowmo and showing impressions of green hell:

1:39 Tim with backfire slowmo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aaaaand relax! Back to work and finally caught up with this thread, a great read with lots of long videos to watch!  I'll put a couple up shortly once I've reviewed mine.

Big thanks to Steve and Scott for saving my ass when my seatbelt locked up on day 2 and Tim for rebuilding my Turbo for the fun of it.  I really was starting to get stressed that it was the end of my ring trip after the oil leak, smoke and lack of seatbelt. Will be some beers on me for you gents at combe!

Post ring trip job list...

Fix oil leak
Fix steering rack leak
Find why the WMI isn't having any effect

Bring on ring trip 2018 and I hope to see you all again at Combe!

Edited by s40rch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, s40rch said:

Aaaaand relax! Back to work and finally caught up with this thread, a great read with lots of long videos to watch!  I'll put a couple up shortly once I've reviewed mine.

Big thanks to Steve and Scott for saving my ass when my seatbelt locked up on day 2 and Tim for rebuilding my Turbo for the fun of it.  I really was starting to get stressed that it was the end of my ring trip after the oil leak, smoke and lack of seatbelt. Will be some beers on me for you gents at combe!

Post ring trip job list...

Fix oil leak
Fix steering rack leak
Find why the WMI isn't having any effect

Bring on ring trip 2018 and I hope to see you all again at Combe!

I'm eyeing up the first week of October at the moment. 

 

yosser likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7th - 14th week?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah, 10th - 14th ish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tempted to put a leave request in just in case :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found myself in a video

 

 

 

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

got caught out in the rain on the last lap i drove of the holiday the rain got pretty bad particularly towards the end of the lap but it wasnt as bad as i thought it would be grip wise kinda glad in a way as im now not so scared of being stuck on a wet lap again

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think most of you have probably seen my lap I uploaded on Facebook, for those who haven't here it is..

 

 

DSK likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering i think my car rides higher then the other 850's this is some proper job compression and not even in karusell

FE10C49E-F1AD-4B19-B170-73D08475FEFB_zps

 

Actually i reckon with my 215tyres that pic would have been impossible as i would never have enough grip

Edited by tingy
s70t5chris likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, tingy said:

Considering i think my car rides higher then the other 850's this is some proper job compression and not even in karusell

 

 

In other words, Ashok is a fatty boom boom.

s70t5chris likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats an outrageous comment

 

besides i did a faster lap with him in the car then with you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 1. Stop acting so innocent, I do have your texts. 

 

2. My screaming probably slowed you down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, irf said:

 

In other words, Ashok is a fatty boom boom.

Just because you're a skinny mini now, doesn't mean you can be fatist! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, irf said:

 1. Stop acting so innocent, I do have your texts. 

 

2. My screaming probably slowed you down.

:lol:

 

your fine when your screaming its when you shut up i know ive got you :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tingy said:

:lol:

 

your fine when your screaming its when you shut up i know ive got you :P

He's quiet if he's got a mouth full. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello gents!

didn´t found any new videos, but hope you had fun waching the other ones.

Just found a channel with an modified (empty) red 850R wagon from netherlands on the ring.

He did so far an 8:18 BTG and is nice to watch!

Do you know, if he is here?

https://www.youtube.com/user/nurburgringfan/videos

Cheers,

Herbert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw a few of them the other day stripping em out does seam to help a lot but i cant bring myself to do it :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, raceandsound said:

Hello gents!

didn´t found any new videos, but hope you had fun waching the other ones.

Just found a channel with an modified (empty) red 850R wagon from netherlands on the ring.

He did so far an 8:18 BTG and is nice to watch!

Do you know, if he is here?

https://www.youtube.com/user/nurburgringfan/videos

Cheers,

Herbert

He was at the ring in Septmber, had a chat with him, it was a track day using full slicks!  Think he's on the dutch forums

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@s40rch

yep, found a video from him from 2016 with a even faster 8:13 BTG and following in the description:

Volvo 850 R Estate (Kombi) specs: 1330kg, 300ps/528Nm, KW V2, Michelin slicks 24/61/17

 

DSK likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now