Mark Reynolds

V70 T5 2.3 PCV - Bypass / Delete ?

5 posts in this topic

Had a quick google and found a few little bits on this, but guessing this is as good a place as any to get an answer.

One of the T5 donor cars I have here needs a PCV system, not checked the second car yet........but at least one of them needs doing..

As the engine will be used for racing now is a great time to consider a bypass or delete, any guides or opinions on such a thing considering the usage of the engine ?

Thanks.

The lower the crankcase pressure the more pure the cylinder filling. I'd be tempted to just add a baffled catch tank and plumb it back into to MAF to turbo

Mark Reynolds likes this

I'm on the fence with both set-ups. I understand how vacuum would be good in helping the crankcase pressure but if you have alot of pressure going through your system you have more problems than just your pcv. Wouldn't it be safer to not run the vacuum line that connects to the catch can? Oil would throw off the octane rating dramatically if anything where to get into the intake system. My plans are to run a big catch can and delete the vacuum line at the moment.

Mark Reynolds likes this

I usually blank the vac line that goes directly to the manifold. I'd always vent back into the intake before the turbo.

Mark Reynolds likes this