sc77

58 reg 260bhp T5 for £900 ? Yes ill try a bit of that !!

41 posts in this topic

Ive just had this replaced after thinking the engine mount was faulty or even snapped, this hasnt sorted it its still the same,  im not happy with the garage as ive been charged for somthing fitted that hasnt sorted the problem?

What do?

Imbasically getting a clunky noise on gear downs etc, similat to the noise when an engine mounts snapped?

I'd start with the running problems, as I said looking at live data as resetting the codes won't fix anything.

The gearbox tie bar in the pic is knackered but I guess you may have one or more mounts that are in worse condition. If the cam seals are left leaking for years the O/S engine mount will fail, if the PCV leaks badly the front engine mount will fail, if the rear main or turbo leak the rear engine mount fails. They are all very easy to check with a large pry bar from under the car. The top engine mount is clearly visible on top of the head. 

Thanks for all the help tim, i just hope to have some more money spare in the next couple weeks to get it all sorted.  Im def thinking ive bought a bit of a dog but hey ho what else you gonna get with 260bhp for £900!!

are there any of the options on the torque app or another app using my OBDII i can use to help diagnose what might be wrong with the engine? im skint at the minute and would like to be able to go to a garage and let them do it but just cant afford it.

JB Rybrook likes this

This weeks problem,

I just had new glass fitted and the trim that runs down the passenger side of the windscreen came loose when i was going a little faster than i shouldve been, it looks like it was fitted and fixed in with something similar to silicone but obv its come loose now and wont refix into it because the top bit is creased as its bent back down across the passenger window whilst driving.  Ive bent it back and fixed it in best i could but im not happy it came loose in the first place? it looks like it had proper clips into these like yellow things attached to the car car but obv theres nothing i can see to attach it back to the car with apart from this black hardened putty type stuff that didnt hold it in place? any ideas?

im also looking to replace my stereo Hu803 i beleive with a double din one, ive looked at the aftermarket wiring kits and called at a shop today but just finished up confused, according to ebay i can get a wiring kit that uses the round connector and the audio out on the stereo and enables me to carry on using the amp? do i have an amp? the guy at the shop says i just need a kit that connects the grey box and green box at the bcak of my stereo (and an ariel adapter) and im good to go?

I'm liking your optimism that you'll get a chance to fit the aftermarket radio before the car grinds to a shuddering halt after the mechanical equivalent of "death by a thousand paper cuts"

get the codes read & get the major running issues sorted .....then maybe think about ICE...maybe....

1 hour ago, shinsplintz 101 said:

I'm liking your optimism that you'll get a chance to fit the aftermarket radio before the car grinds to a shuddering halt after the mechanical equivalent of "death by a thousand paper cuts"

get the codes read & get the major running issues sorted .....then maybe think about ICE...maybe....

You could learn a thing or two from him, he's getting work done before the car is undrivable;)

Thanks Tim:blush:...

as Mr Williams has delicately (ever thought of a job with the UN Tim? ) put it:

when the T5s go wrong, and they do go wrong with alarming regularity...then going ostrich will only lead to further, sometimes fatal, issues. Did I mention expensive too? 

Edited by shinsplintz 101

i ogt the radio from my old car, its got torque full version on it, the torque lite is pretty basic, im hoping it might help me find out whats wrong with the car.

thanks for the help btw

5 hours ago, shinsplintz 101 said:

Perhaps he wants to listen to some music when it's broken down....

23 hours ago, Harvey said:

Perhaps he wants to listen to some music when it's broken down....

Ur mum likes to listen to radio 2 whilst "working"

Ur pocket money doesnt just magically appear in her purse you know?

Now, now! Play nice folks.