Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DSK

P1 C70 - Are rear strut braces available

9 posts in this topic

Are rear strut braces available for the C70?  (Or even 850/S70 if its the same fitment).  If so can you please provide a link?

A front brace on these models makes a huge difference and if the same is possible for the rear, I'd like to try a rear strut brace until someone decides to sell and IPD rear anti roll bar.

With the box section of the boot they are very rigid anyway so personally i wouldnt bother (i may consider it on an estate) if you want to stiffen the back end up you could fit a tow bar as it bolts the 2 main chassis rails together under the car

i think IPD or ultra race might do one and i cant say for 100% but i reckon any P1 or 850 rear strut brace will fit as they are all the same build

Thanks Tingy.  I see they do a rear anti roll bar.  I'll speak to Tim as I need to arrange some work so will see if he can do this at the same time as getting an IPD rear will be like me trying to source a set of 17" comets.

Cant help you with comets how about a set of canistos instead? :lol:

I fitted a rear brace to my estate, think it was a qbm or something (was a long time ago), no noticeable difference. The fronts are effective though as you know.

Edited by irf
DSK likes this

Why?  There is nothing to 'brace', you have passive rear steering on these cars with the delta arm's.  Putting a brace in the rear between the shock top mounts I cant see doing a thing as they're not like the macpherson strut in the front.  I don't think having a stiffer boot floor or added weight will help.  Better off finding a rear ARB in my opinion.

Edited by s40rch
DSK likes this

I think the brace will go nicely with whitened teeth...

DSK likes this

My rear strut brace makes my mod list unique so is therefore priceless.  I think it makes fook all difference to the handling other than adding a kg of weight to the rear.

DSK likes this