Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DSK

KWAZAR ORION & VENUS – Alternative to traditional Foam Lance?

10 posts in this topic

KWAZAR ORION & KWAZAR VENUS – Alternative to traditional Foam Lance?

I bought Kwazar Orion and Venus pump style sprayers a few months ago, intending to use them for pre-cleaning/snow foaming without having to mess around with the pressure washer and being able to clean my cars early on a Sunday morning without annoying the neighbours (I’m considerate like that).

1D2EDFA5-7ECB-4219-A516-D8C1F4271043_zps[

Firstly both sprayers are seriously well made in every respect and can foam.  I used a slightly more concentrated snow foam/dilution ratio than recommended, using Valet Pro PH neutral snow foam.   Upon washing the car, it was clear that this pump sprayer method was suitable for pre-cleaning, loosening and ridding the dirt.  Passing the mitt over the surfaces felt the same had I used the foam lance.  Please note that my vehicles are religiously maintained and well protected which no doubt contirbutes to the good cleaning performance.  The best video for comparisons and reviews I found (not in English) was : video

Venus 2.0L

This is a good sprayer but, in no way can I advise anyone to do a whole car with it.  It doesn’t hold enough product to cover the car (probably 1 side at a push with a light covering). So to do a car means repeated fills and additional time, compared to a snow foam lance.  Also the pump pressure duration isn’t very long.  I found myself pumping after every panel to ensure optimum spray performance.  The pressure at which the product is sprayed is lacking and to make up for it, you have to hold the sprayer close to the target,  I thought about returning it but, then I realised..... it will work a treat for the motorcycle!  Some general YouTube video's I referred to prior to purchase are below.

Good Mix But Thin Layer

Average

Incorrect Mix & Application

Orion Pro Super

This is very expensive and I was seriously beating myself up as to why I'm even considering this.  However, I found that DVS supplies sell this for about £55 ish (average saving of £25+) so decided, what the hell, lets give it whirl.

Again I used a stronger mix than the usual recommendation on the back of the instructions for Valet Pro Neutral Snow Foam.  I wasn't sure how much I'd need so made up 6ltrs.  This sprayer is great as the pressure dial states how much pressure you have which, is always visible when in use, the duration of spray really does last.  I was able to satisfactorily do 1 entire side with some pressure to spare.  So its effective and doesn't take ages.  I can't recall how much I used to do 1 car, but had loads left so went over the car generously 3 times over before getting bored with about 1 ltr to spare.  Its a good alternative should one not wish to use a pressure.  In the time it takes me to do a whole car with the AB foam lance and pressure washer, I covered 1 side with this.  

The pre-cleaning performance was spot on as it applied well due to the sprayer's performance which also helped it to be left longer to dwell.  Upon running my finger along the panel prior to rinsing and post rinsing the snow foam, it was clear the job intended was being done. Again moving onto the 2 bucket wash the mitt, glided beautifully, just the way it does had I used the AB foam lance.

Orion Typical Performance

Conclusion

I prefer the traditional snow foam lance application as its far quicker, gives a great coating of water and product first time round and in my opinion, uses less product.  This is always the favoured option.  

The Orion Pro is a great effective sprayer and can be used for snow foams and other chemical such as TFR etc.  It will take a you a few experiments to work out your desired solution mix but after that you'll get it right every time.  I've used mine a few times when I've needed I've needed to make an early Sunday morning start washing the cars without making any noise.  Very happy with its pre-cleaning performance on a maintained vehicle.  

The smaller ones really are a gimmick that's not suited to car applications.  They are most likely used in other trades but some clever cloggs decided to stick a foam head onto it.

Totally different question, but as you seem to like keeping cars clean, can you suggest a shampoo/cleaning product for general weekly washes with a sponge?

I currently use a cheap snow foam, but it just doesn't cut it, gives a nice wax finish but doesn't clean the car so well.  I like this website, but there are so many to chose from.  I have had good results with Sonax detailing products before, are they good? What about DODO or Chemical guys?  So many names about, are they all the same or do the pricey ones actually make a difference?

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-drying/car-wash-shampoos/cat_64.html

Edited by s40rch

Nice write up, thank you for the info.

Apologies for the thread hijack... 

Rich, do yourself a favour and get second bucket, a wash mitt and some Meguirs shampoo plus.  Job, jobbed!

Polished Bliss has all the gear, information and a customer service second to none.

1 hour ago, s70t5chris said:

Who's Rich?! 

:shrug: no idea who V60D4 is on about!  But it looks like he is recommending Meguirs shampoo plus.

Maybe Tom is referring to the financial status you need to buy some of these cleaning products?

Edited by tingy
broady and s40rch like this

14 hours ago, s40rch said:

:shrug: no idea who V60D4 is on about!  But it looks like he is recommending Meguirs shampoo plus.

Apologies Ryan. :blush:

:D

10 hours ago, V70D5 said:

Apologies Ryan. :blush:

:D

Don't you mean Ry-Anne as it's nearly the weekend 😂

After a ridiculously bollocks day at work I am now giggling.  Thanks all.

LOL @ the above!

Apologies for seeing this quite late but, to answer your question, I used Meguiars Gold Class shampoo as i like the PH neutral qualities, cleaning performance and suds.

I have used Autoglym body shampoo conditioner and a number of others including meguairs wash and wax and nxt etc, but the gold class is what I have found to be my personal preference.  Also clean your car do have some good prices and I have personally bought the majority of my shizzle from them.

If you do not protect your car with any wax/sealant etc and just only ever wash it, then I'd say go for a one of meguiars wash and wax shampoos or at least finish off with a dedicated spray wax like Meguiars synthetic spray wax or autoglym aqua wax which is cheap and cheerful when purchased in a 5Ltr tub and applied in seconds via a cheapo pump sprayer.