Markyp v70r

Wont rev

9 posts in this topic

Hi everyone my 98 manual v70r has just started with a problem where sometimes it wont rev past 4000rpm.it was comin up with p0171 code alll the time i drove it n after reseting it wud pop up again.so iv changed maf n now it revs upto 6000rpm in 1st gear but wont rev past 5000rpm in 2nd gear???can anyone help me.

Your P code is air related but the running problem is more likely to be ignition related. A check over and good service might fix both issues. 

Hi tim u mite rem me im gay goldv70r tonys mate)) iv found problem was a pipe off boost valve not fitted in intake pipe had come loose n thanks ))))))

Yes I remember you, air filter on the washer bottle hose?

Markyp v70r likes this

Pmsl yes tim thats me )))) sorry about that but i bought the car like that unfortunately.iv just replaced maf n after a day code p0171 bck everytime i give car a boost.the dizzy cap n rotor arm look new.wot do you suggest plz.could it be o2 sensor?my afr gauge goes off the scale everytime i put foot dwn 

Check all hoses between the MAF and throttle body/ idle valve (not washer hoses). If it's running leaner than an AFR of 20 you will be able to tell it's lean without an AFR gauge as it will be course and feel like it's running out of petrol.  Is it low on petrol?

When warm, (the car not you) the fueling is controlled by the MAF, TPS and Lambda sensor, if running a reasonable map you will be able to unplug one sensor at a time and tell which is screwing it up. With a decent scanner / code reader you will be able to see Live Data and that would be a big help.

Thanks for reply tim im sorry for delay.how do i check afr,do i just let it idle or rev it??.il check hoses this week.i found 1 problem which was the bcv pipe had come out of the intake pipe)))))).its much better now.im runnin a mte stage 2 map wiv a (k24 turbo) tony fitted years ago.iv been unable to drive car for 3 wks as iv had an operation on arm but il give car a run 2mw hopefully n see if code pops up.hope i make sense n sorry for delay my apologies.

Sorry to hear about your arm. 

You need an AFR gauge to check the AFRs, it needs to be a wide and not a narrow band. 

With a K24 and a map for an 18T it will be likely to run lean on WOT above 4K.   If you're passing by mine at all let me know and I can check it for you. 

Hi tim iv found the problem,theres a rip on the hose that has the icv on it.its rite on the joint ((((( but at least iv found it so thanks very much