Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DSK

Vehicle Prices - Gone Bonkers?

9 posts in this topic

Has anyone else noticed how vehicles generally seem to have gone a little absurd price wise both private and trade?  wtf is going on?

Generally looking through the ads, for some time, for anything a bit special to a daily driver prices seem to have shot up somewhat compared to what they used to be.  Seeing some cars with over 200,000 miles being priced about the same as vehicles with almost half that over Christmas just made me laugh.  Also individuals and and traders seem to be trying their luck/seriously taking the piss......here's a very random example  (Think I may advertise mine for £15K).

Whilst I never make any sudden decisions, I was thinking of something like perhaps an older Merc S320 CDI, MR2, CL55K, Audi A8 4.0/4.2 TDI, Jag XF 3.0D, saw a few ads for E39 M5''s/XJR's and S60/V70R's etc. Even some normal stuff just made me think wft.  So rather than buy something, I may take another look at leasing through an independent company as they tend to have good rates compared to dealers and you get a full warranty and brand new motor.

Blame brexit. Everything's gone up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the latest leasing deals are making it hard for average back street car dealer to scratch a living selling finance and non existent warranty on a 6 yr old car for more than a lease deal on a brand new car. Seen a few now going more for the good condition older 'prestige' end where new is way out of grasp of average man on street and over pricing and over selling them. Many though seem to be kicking around for months

It's a pain in the arse. Most of the cars I'm interested in for when the time comes just don't seem to be depreciating and in some cases are appreciating.

1 hour ago, irf said:

It's a pain in the arse. Most of the cars I'm interested in for when the time comes just don't seem to be depreciating and in some cases are appreciating.

Toyota Corollas are still pretty reasonable I thought?

Yeah but just can't get hold of the gold tissue box holders that I like anymore. Fuck off.

8 hours ago, Lord B said:

I think the latest leasing deals are making it hard for average back street car dealer to scratch a living selling finance and non existent warranty on a 6 yr old car for more than a lease deal on a brand new car. Seen a few now going more for the good condition older 'prestige' end where new is way out of grasp of average man on street and over pricing and over selling them. Many though seem to be kicking around for months

Not really noticed it tbh but then im not looking for a car atm

i would have thought if the above was the reason there would have been a glut of ex finance cars regularly flooding the market keeping the costs down due to the sheer amount of choice

Yes prices have gone silly of late Apart form our cars :lol:

I'd love a new shape Subaru sti, just not ever going to be able to justify £550 a year road tax compared to what I have now, I think I need to wait till the 2017 cars are 3+ years old and it falls down to £140 a year if I have read it right, i think in 5 to 10 years time there could be some great cars with very little tax duty, would be worth getting shot of the R then