Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Daz S70r

stage 3 re map help.

15 posts in this topic

hi people i am finding it impossible to find anyone or company that will re map my 1998 s70r .there are options of sending my ecu to places but i would like some advice or help.surely is better to have the car re mapped and tested etc

Hi.  We don't really do this stage business.  What mods do you have and is it Motronic 4.4 or ME7?

hi there.my car is throttle with cable 1998 .i have large front mount intercooler,forged rods from kalmar union,18t turbo,custom downpipe and de cat ,ferrita full exhaust system,reversal intercooler pipes,large maf pipe and intake system .standard injectors and fuel pump. 

i also had full engine re build all brand new

With that kid of level of equipment you might need larger injectors and a Walbro 255 fuel pump if your getting it mapped.

There are a few places that you can probably send your ECU to but I would stay away from them and especially anyone in the Bromsgrove area. There is Shem from Shemtech but he mapped my car with 750cc injectors and custom cam settings and melted my piston rings in a very short distance not to mention handed the car back to me with dents in it. Tim Williams then had to do do an engine rebuild for me remove the 750cc injectors and reset the incorrect cam timing and remap the car. But Tim Williams & Ben is your other option they have had good results with lots of cars. Except mine they never seem to get it right no matter how many times I drive up there apparently driving back through average speed cameras affects the map.:lolbang:   

i have been trying tim for months but no luck at all.i am at a dead end now.what are the BSR re maps like? 

BSR where always a bit slated here and considered overpriced. HLM were considered Shit when they did RICA maps not sure what they do now but they have seriously cocked up some cars over the years. Tim is most likely got to much on and very busy as usual.

Don used to sell MTE for our cars which most preferred, why not ask Don if Marko will still do a map for you?It maybe worth a try? 

But back to the point of your standard fuel pump and injectors, they may well not be enough to achieve good results?

Daz S70r likes this

On my S60T5 (P2)  then I do run a BSR full exhaust without any problems.

Marco of MTE did  a Stage 2 ??? programme for me so guess somewhere around  300 - 330 bhp.  I was told that he could produce that result with standard fuel pump and standard injectors.  I had already purchased a set of Bosch Green Injectors and he had no problem adjusting the programme accordingly.

Approx 100 K miles on that set up and not a single blip.

Daz S70r likes this

3 hours ago, Daz S70r said:

i have been trying tim for months but no luck at all.i am at a dead end now.what are the BSR re maps like? 

Sorry I've changed phones and lost your conversation, I can do it on the the afternoon of the 11th Feb. please text me again.

thank you all for helping me.i have been warned about a certain place not to go.so greatfull and glad to hear from tim willaims as he helped with advice through my project. just waiting to see if i need injectors and fuel pump for tim to work his magic.

I will be visiting Tim in a few days for him to do some remedial work on my ST.

Whilst I am there we are going to see if he can help me sort out the MTE kit that has given me problems for a while now.... MTE did sort out the software but I have needed to sort out for some time now whether there is a problem with the hardware.

If we can sort this out I will be back on song wih TME's well received calibrations for the older pre ME7 cars....

Anyone up for it could call at Tim's that day and see if he has helped me out on this....

There is some good stuff in there somewhere, stages 1,  2 and 3 for cars with Motronic 4.3 and 4.4

Don.

Edited by don kalmar union

1 hour ago, don kalmar union said:

I will be visiting Tim in a few days for him to do some remedial work on my ST.

Whilst I am there we are going to see if he can help me sort out the MTE kit that has given me problems for a while now.... MTE did sort out the software but I have needed to sort out for some time now whether there is a problem with the hardware.

If we can sort this out I will be back on song wih TME's well received calibrations for the older pre ME7 cars....

Anyone up for it could call at Tim's that day and see if he has helped me out on this....

There is some good stuff in there somewhere, stages 1,  2 and 3 for cars with Motronic 4.3 and 4.4

Don.

MTE or TME maps Don?

Finger up nose and mind in neutral.

Should be Marco's MTE maps.....  thank you for correcting me Andy.

Getting confused what with now stocking some TME exhausts from Uncle Thomas.

Don.

Edited by don kalmar union

14 hours ago, don kalmar union said:

Should be Marco's MTE maps.....  thank you for correcting me Andy.

Don.

I had an MTE map once it worked very well and was with out a doubt was one of the smoothest and fastest if that makes any sense?

Either way it worked very well.

Does Marko still do 4.3 & 4.4 in other parts of the world? If so would it be possible for him to write to an ECU and post it here the UK as my current mappers have left me in a bit of a hole and are failing to respond to me and I dare not drive the car as it so far out with AFR's and my last oil change still showed metal particles in the oil on the magnetic sump plug after a very short time.

Thanks Greg

Should be Marco's MTE maps.....  thank you for correcting me.

Don.

Hello Greg,

Could you call me please? 01494 785508.

Don.