Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dave65

D5 on Eibach lowering springs

9 posts in this topic

i would like to drop my 2004 v70 D5  and was thinking of using eibach -30mm springs , just wondering if anyone on here has got them and what they are like, i don't wnat the car on the floor and hopefully manage speed bumps without any catching.

I did a 25mm drop on my '51 red V70D5. It was good but ruined it for load lugging and carrying 4 passengers. It entirely depends on what you want from the car. 

Have a read of the other similar topics currently on the go. 

HTH 

i'm not to worried about have passengers or carrying loads ,i just want the car to have less body roll but don't want the hassle of catching on speed humps, i've looked at pictures of v70's with eibach springs fitted and they all seem to be different heights.

BC coilovers then. Adjustable ride height and damping, the low speed ride quality is a compromise e.g. 20mph in a bumpy council estate. Other than that a great all-rounder.

a compromise :lol:  If you have speed humps or badly surfaced roads anywhere near you the ride quality particularly on the rears is unacceptable for a daily driver

all these weirdos who have them on their dailys (particularly on a D5 :whistling:) are crazy 

assuming your dampers are in good working order then lowering springs and uprated ARB should do the job imo

On 06/02/2017 at 3:59 PM, tingy said:

a compromise :lol:  If you have speed humps or badly surfaced roads anywhere near you the ride quality particularly on the rears is unacceptable for a daily driver

all these weirdos who have them on their dailys (particularly on a D5 :whistling:) are crazy 

assuming your dampers are in good working order then lowering springs and uprated ARB should do the job imo

P2 not P1 with a shoe box for a boot or half of it missing. I've got coilovers and just been running around the countryside and come back from London and my ride was more compliant than a Range Rover.

Did you drive on any poorly surfaced bumpy roads or over speed humps? Im yet to go in a BC equiped car that gave a what i would consider to be an acceptable ride quality for an everyday car

Range Rovers are trying to be 'sporty' when they are actually massive off roaders so their ride is prolly shite as well

if i came on a forum and people told me that BC's were great all around suspension and i should fit them to my D5 and i believed them and did it i would be massively pissed off that i had wasted a huge chunk of money on suspension that is in no way a good all rounder (unless you happen to live in Germany as most of their roads are perfect for BC's)

1 hour ago, tingy said:

Did you drive on any poorly surfaced bumpy roads or over speed humps? Im yet to go in a BC equiped car that gave a what i would consider to be an acceptable ride quality for an everyday car

Range Rovers are trying to be 'sporty' when they are actually massive off roaders so their ride is prolly shite as well

if i came on a forum and people told me that BC's were great all around suspension and i should fit them to my D5 and i believed them and did it i would be massively pissed off that i had wasted a huge chunk of money on suspension that is in no way a good all rounder (unless you happen to live in Germany as most of their roads are perfect for BC's)

I didn't go all that way in a car with coilovers, do you think I'm mad? I have a car with coilovers, I took the V70 lol. The Range Rooney had silly big wheel so it looked like a Silver Cross pram. I've not tried a P2 on BC as a daily for several years so I cannot remember exactly how it was but it won't of been as compliant as standard suspension.

OK cheers guys i've ordered some eibach  springs and and i might also go for a uprated rear roll bar.