hollowwave101

V70 D5 help... Clutch sensor... Correct diagnosis?!

5 posts in this topic

My V70 d5 2003 has 'ENGINE SERVICE REQUIRED' permanently on the dash. Cruise control no longer works. If i start the car with clutch pedal down I do not see the message until I release the pedal.

I would like some advise to perhaps help me avoid code reading costs at the main dealer.

Can anyone answer the following:

1. Am I correct to diagnose clutch position sensor failure? Or is this just a possible?

2. I presume I can follow YouTube instruction to fit a sensor myself without risk I.e. worst case scenario I can't fit the new part after removing the old, car remains driveable, I take it to a garage?

3. If successful in fitting the new part I presume the annoying dash message will go away?

Thank you absolutely loads for your assistance. I've recently spent a grand on the car and don't have the necessary to write another blank cheque to the main strealer nearby!

Cheers

It does seem that you need a clutch pedal position sensor. Look at a how to guide and they are so simple to fit. Fitting a new one should stop the message and make your cruise work again but it will still have a code stored if read with a code reader.

If the old one is wet at all or has green slime on it you will have a leaking clutch master cylinder that's leaking on to it.

There are a few of us with a DICE and VIDA. I'm in Yate if you are ever up this way and want codes read and cleared. 

Thanks Redbrick, that's a very generous offer! I'll see how I get on and get back to you if need a be. Thank you!