Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
T5bobbo

Can you fit led lights without flagging up fault codes.

4 posts in this topic

2003 S60 with modern interior space ball gear stick if that makes any difference.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Hi

I have fitted the very latest LED Volvo rear light units to my 2007 S80. 

If the light failure warning applies to the light you are thinking of eg.  rear lights etc then the answer is yes you can fit LED's. However I had to fit appropriate resistors into the wiring . These  brought the lower consumption LED up to the same consumption as the original bulbs.

These resistors can be bought on eBay such as the link attached (just an example of the TYPE I used not necessarily of the correct value) :-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361361610685?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The resistors can get very warm or hot as they are consuming the wattage that the bulb would normally consume. They need to be away from other wires and anchored somewhere safe out of the way. Mine has been running fine now for 6 months with no warning lights or problems.

If the LED's are going into eg. the number plate illumination unit then these bulbs are not on the ' Bulb out ' warning so no problem or need for resistors.

Nice one that's a great help. Iam just looking at updating the rear marker lights, front side, and number plate lights with white LEDs. Have you got a picture of yours. I know they won't fit mine, just been nosey :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk