Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Minormatt

Hi Guys

9 posts in this topic

Hi Guys

I've just bought myself a volvo... its the first one I have owned, so I am new to them!  (I am not new to cars/maintenance ect - I restore classic cars and vans and I am the technical advisor for a van club)

My new car is A 2004 facelift V70 with the 163PS euro 3 D5 with manual gearbox.  Exactly what I was looking for.

Its got 109,000 miles on it - which will ramp up very quickly (800-1200 a week atm).  Is there anything that I should be doing as preventative maintenance or looking at upgrading?

I would upload a pic... but I can't get it small enough on my phone

Thanks!

Hi welcome to the forum

the 163's suffer from the same issues as every other volvo/car plus :P intercooler issues so check its not bulging or leaking (look for oil on the bottom of it) and DMF issues so make sure theres no shudder or noise when loading it, the turbos have been known to fail but i think thats only when pushed hard by an aggresive map other then that just cover the basic - fluid changes regularly and keep an eye on brakes and bushes being heavy cars they are heavy on both and it should be ok

Thanks very much - just the normal then.

Other than being a bit oily are there any other symptoms associated with failed intercooler?

Throwing random codes, poor boost, car sounds like a train whislte on boost (yes really ask redbrick :lol:)

tbh i think bulging is the most common visual identifier of problems 

Thanks

Just the normal symptoms then.

I'm goung to keep an eye out for a cheap DMF/Clutch kit because I know it will go at some point...

Welcome to the forum :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Wise choice on the 163 over the 185, even when remapped the 185s are still slower in the real world than the 163s. See two videos here as proof 

:lol:

your lap is invalid for exceeding track limits!

5 hours ago, tingy said:

:lol:

your lap is invalid for exceeding track limits!

What do you know, were you even there?