Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gregs T5R

Parts wanted

14 posts in this topic

Hi I require some parts for a friends 850 T5 he has just bough it from a scrap yard it had sat tucked away for a few years, it looks it's been through hell but he loves fixing up cars if anyone knows where we can get hold of the following for a P reg 850 T5

T5 Engine loom & 850 sump please.

I looked like who ever own it before had driven it over something and smashed the sump quite literally and the loom was just missing obviously when i sat in the scrap yard someone has had it?

 

Thanks Greg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they snashed the sump did they continue driving it and wreck the engine when it ran dry? Might be better looking for an entire bottom end say maybe a 2.5 one :whistling:

 

get him to join up and do a project thread i always enjoy seeing a dead car come back to life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If  the looms been stripped in the yard out they'll have caused incalculable damage. Big tin snips are generally the weapon of choice for those fellas!

I may have one, about to strip a  me4.4 C70 T5 auto.  He can have the bottom end too. I only want the head, sub frame & running gear.

(It was  nice car - old storm Dorris dropped a tree on it!)

Still negotiating over salvage rights - but I'll put a breaking thread up once it's all.agreed. :)

Edited by shinsplintz 101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tingy said:

If they snashed the sump did they continue driving it and wreck the engine when it ran dry? Might be better looking for an entire bottom end say maybe a 2.5 one :whistling:

 

get him to join up and do a project thread i always enjoy seeing a dead car come back to life

Lol Jonny already has to many tuned and modified cars. His Black T reg RS2000 that I went with him to buy back in 1989 lol, a Cosworth, a 38 ford 3 window coupe, Old corvette, old 2 window F150, AE86 Corolla, Lotus Esprit 2.2, M3 track car, 4x4 shogun for off roading they are all modified heavily lol he just wants to get it running in standard form I did mention a 2.4 to him and he said that would lead to mapping and other things lol and he is right lol

Jonny hates technology I gave him a phone years ago and he is still using it now a C905 Sony Ericsson so chances of him doing a thread are zero :lol:  

The sump was still attached to the engine just a fist size hole in the bottom of it he already has another sub frame for it, the engine turned over fine so it has not seized!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shinsplintz 101 said:

If  the looms been stripped in the yard out they'll have caused incalculable damage. Big tin snips are generally the weapon of choice for those fellas!

I may have one, about to strip a  me4.4 C70 T5 auto.  He can have the bottom end too. I only want the head, sub frame & running gear.

(It was  nice car - old storm Dorris dropped a tree on it!)

Still negotiating over salvage rights - but I'll put a breaking thread up once it's all.agreed. :)

If the oil pan is has no coolant pipes to the back a that would be great, Not so sure if the loom is the same though? are you getting confused with ME7 as I have not heard of ME4.4 it normally Motronic 4.3 or 4.4.

If you could have a look and get back to me that would be great thanks.

Cheers Greg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, not confused, just got fat fingers.

Should have read ' strip me a 4.4 c70' 

Still not brilliant grammar, but in my defence I was on my second bottle of Vino watching Wales vs Ireland. 

Just to clarify, it's a '98 C70 T5 auto with throttle cable. 100k miles. Nice car, but marmalised by tree. Shame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Morgan,

What wheels are on the C70? I'm in need of a Canisto, just wondering.

Brian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry Greg for the hijack.

Have you tried Lakes 4 Volvo? Think I remember a few 850's in there.

Gregs T5R likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The engine bay loom's in 3 main bits. Which part's missing? A 10 valve loom's the same as a T5. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tim Williams said:

The engine bay loom's in 3 main bits. Which part's missing? A 10 valve loom's the same as a T5. 

Hi Tim

I am not sure which parts are missing? who ever took the loom did as shinsplintz said, they cut just under the ECU box.

The wiring to the injectors, MAF, coil and all engine sensors seem to be missing there are even 2 sensors missing from the front of the engine and we are not sure what they are? I will be going round tomorrow with the the Haynes manual for a closer look? there is still a bunch of wiring that goes through the bulk head that hasn't been touched by the look of it.

Thanks Greg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, it will need the loom from the fuse box to the ECU and also the loom from the ECU to the engine, does it have the same style ABS as your car?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tim Williams said:

Ok, it will need the loom from the fuse box to the ECU and also the loom from the ECU to the engine, does it have the same style ABS as your car?

Hi Tim

Yes it has the same ABS as mine and is on a P plate if that helps?

Thanks Greg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/03/2017 at 0:34 PM, Tim Williams said:

The engine bay loom's in 3 main bits. Which part's missing? A 10 valve loom's the same as a T5. 

The 2 sensors that are missing according to Haynes are knock sensors

 

Thanks Greg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are two different looks to the engine that can be used. It should have knock sensors with wiring on them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0