yosser

Going racing - what could go wrong???

59 posts in this topic

Well, doesn't time fly.... 

The next race is a week away and I've had word today that the car won't be ready :( - however..... I'm still racing :D

We're going to get another car prepped for race weekend so I'll definitely be out, my entry is in already. 

I'm not sure what'll be in this coverage, but for those who have motorsport TV (used to be motors TV) the first races are due to be shown on Monday. If they don't have footage of the crash I'll be so pissed off, I ain't doing that again for nowt! 

Screenshot_2017-04-29-20-24-18_zpsfg79xr

Edited by yosser
Typo

Its sky channel 447 for those on sky

glad to hear you will be compeating good luck :) i would ask what your ambitions for the race are but i suppose "finishing" would be the answer :P 

yosser likes this

Channel 545 on Virgin :thumbsup:

Yes, I guess finishing is the objective - I particularly don't want to destroy someone else's car, I'll soon run out of people to rent from! 

Just to add to the mix, another staff member at Knockhill is renting a fiesta for Sunday's meeting so all I'm hearing about is this big showdown between us. The pressure is on.... 

Just watched it.

FUCKING AWESOME!!! :pray::pray::pray::pray:

yosser likes this

Cheers Chris. 

I've got to learn not to be so harsh on myself, I see missed opportunities and lack of pace but I guess for my first ever race weekend it was pretty good - apart from binning the car.... 

I'm peeved there's no footage of the crash. That cost me a lot of money and I'm not going to do a retake in a hurry. 

Anyway, testing Saturday afternoon in my replacement car then racing Sunday, let's see what that brings! 

Thanks again for your support and encouragement 👍🏁

Craigyt and Alex121 like this

Just got chance to watch this looks like a great little race series although the coverage could be a bit better how did they miss your crash and 2 cars in fairly heavy crashes and no interviews with either driver tut tut

do you not have in car footage of your crash?

re the first misshap you could have yielded a bit more track but you wernt obliged to and its much clearer to see him come accross on you although rewatching his youtube vid he has pinned a comment that suggests you hit him on purpose is this going to be an ongoing grudge match :P

Thanks for pointing that out about his YouTube comment thing.

I'm clear on this, it was his fault. If I fancied an argument I'd say that by him hitting me he damaged my steering and contributed to my big off. 

However, I just need to concentrate on going faster - that's what this is all about. 

Indeed :thumbsup: 

leave the stirring the pot to the rest of us :lol:

yosser likes this

Sadly not on talktalk, shame they pulled off Freeview couple of years back