Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LukeDouglass93

New C30 T5 Owner

12 posts in this topic

Hi guys

just bought a C30 t5 2007, loving the car but needs it's cambelt doing now which means should I get the block mod done at the same time. Car is standard at the moment but will be changing in the near future. Would rather get it all done at once. Thanks Luke.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It's about £120 cheaper to have the Block Mod and cam belt with aux belts together than two separate jobs.

Thanks I was hoping you would reply. Can I ask when your available tim, I know your a busy man. Thanks

Getting to Tim's for him to do the block mod would indicate that you are maybe contemplating some performance modifications.....

I can offer you MTE's Swedish written, well received software calibrations for your car that I still have on offer at my xmas offer price of £355 in either stage 1 or 2 . You install this software yourself using MTE's Softloader device as an interface between an XP or XP compatible laptop and your car's OBD port. I loan that Softloader against a fully refundable deposit of £155.

Stage 1 gives you 260bhp with 420nm of torque, stage 2:  280bhp and 430nm, but for stage 2 you do need to replace the complete exhaust system, both original d'pipe with cat and the cat back to get the full beans.

You can find the exhausts and order here on my website:http://kalmar-union.com/parts/volvo-s40v50c30c70-exhausts/   , the first and fourth items. Prices include VAT and mainland overnight delivery by TNT.

PS I also have a new Bell intercooler (US made, not chinese) in stock on ebay for a very realistic price indeed  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bell-intercooler-for-all-small-Volvo-T5s-/162428529171?hash=item25d17eaa13:g:ELcAAOSwxEpYxW8O

Don.

Edited by don kalmar union

Thank you don for the advice on parts and maps. Hopefully getting the essentials done first by Tim depending on his schedule.
New set of rubber too which I'm deciding on.
After that yes I will be hunting some more power as I've come from an astra vxr which was 280bhp but the volvo ride quality and build feels a league above the vxr.
Thanks Luke.

4 hours ago, LukeDouglass93 said:

Thanks I was hoping you would reply. Can I ask when your available tim, I know your a busy man. Thanks

I'll send you a PM with possible dates. 

Requiring a block mod before i start mapping, had to have the cambelt and the rest changed for piece of mind whilst I wait.

Sorry I forgot to PM you, I currently won't be able to fit it in for 2-3 weeks. 

No worries at all like I said had all cambelt work done so just needing a block mod wanting to push 300+ bhp and possible k16 upgrade in future.

I wouldn't advise more than about 360BHP with a K16 unless the pistons and rods are changed. 

Yeah from what I've been reading myself that seems about right do you have any experience with any of the elevate products?

9 hours ago, LukeDouglass93 said:

Yeah from what I've been reading myself that seems about right do you have any experience with any of the elevate products?

Yes, some of their pipework fits ok. The TCV is best avoided.