Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DSK

Recommend me an iOS Bluetooth OBD2 scanner thingy

4 posts in this topic

Can someone please recommend me an OBDII bluetooth scanner thingy thats compatible with iOS (and sold by Amazon)?

Ideally it should allow you to see usual parameters when running for things like; temp, 02 values, maf values, fuel trim, fuel pressure etc

Just had a quick look last night and decided to try this for £21, hopefully if its decent I'll just leave it in the car for emergencies, otherwise return it for a refund.

E894F765-10C4-4ADD-B9E5-D38509AF5CC5_zps

Someone else review

Edited by DSK

I was lead to believe you needed a wifi dongle to work with iOS.  Be interesting how it works.  Which software will you use?

It works.  I'm using the iOBD2 app by XTOOL (free).  Using bluetooth to connect,

First time I couldn't get it to connect, probably due to user error but following the quick start guide it worked..

Good thing is, unlike some other iOS based items and apps, you have to pay extra to get features outside of basic code reading/clearing.  This is returning 02, intake temps, fuel trims  and all the other good stuff.  You can see it all whilst driving in a table format or view each parameter individually if you want graphing.

Here's some general screen shots I took whilst just testing what works and what doesn't.

Sample MAF at light rev and idle

C8D47F6B-A22C-4E1D-970B-685BD1F7277A_zps

One of O2 options

F86A0590-321A-4C4E-935E-34DFF77B4D6D_zps

Another 02 Option (not sure what the stf is)

DF80B240-6041-46CC-A0BE-C4FCE9B7DD42_zps

Will get it plugged in on the drive back from work on Friday evening and get some values logged over 30 minutes and different conditions.

Edited by DSK