adieu

XC90 icm

6 posts in this topic

The radio and reverse sensors have stopped working and nothing will power on. I have checked the fuses, but wondered if there is a relay on the cem or anywhere else that might be at fault before i start thinking about sending the icm off for repair.

Any help would be gratefully excepted.

Hi,

For the infotainment to work you need live, ground and light at each module on MOST network. Does ICM come on and go off straight away? Has you car got MMM under passenger seat for satnav?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn't even power on, just dead. I get a warning on the dash for the reverse sensors. No satnav fitted

I should add we have had battery issues and had to jump start the car numerous times. I wonder if this may have damaged the ICM?

Edited by adieu

The ICM communicates with the rear parking module and the dashboard module and the amp module under the seat. A fiber optic ring break on any module will cause problems upstream of the break. If the ICM chip has corrupted or failed it will stop the use of the rear parking sensors and possible spurious phantom messages on the dash ie SRS , ABS failure etc.  If the ICM chip is readable the data can be transferred to a donor unit. I used a guy called Lukas at http://volvodiagnostic.com to do this when mine failed. Note: if your ICM is corrupt you will need a replacement unit that will need coding to your car.

Many thanks Mark, I guess I'm going to have to pull it out and get it tested and repaired. I don't get any messages just the park sensors one. I'll double check the connections and wiring just in case

I have an S80 V8.  I had a problem where the park sensors were not working as they should and were barely audible.  Combined with this the infotainment centre would not work correctly and only barely played through the dashboard speaker only.

Lengthy diagnosis showed that the Power Amp under the drivers seat had stopped working correctly.  This amp. had also 'blown' all four of the main door speakers. The parking sensors do play through all of these speakers.

Expensive repair = exchange Amp. (from Sweden) and 4 x door speakers.  If you go down the Amp. route do take it out and ascertain the two main numbers printed on its underside.  These are critical as an alternative Amp. has to perfectly match on numbers.  It is not unknown for damp and corrosion to get to this unit and cause problems.

Best of luck.