245 turbo

New member from the Costa del Fylde ;)

6 posts in this topic

Morning all!

My name is Mark and I'm on the Fylde Coast (near Blackpool).

I currently own a 1992 245 which is just about to come off the road for a +T, but I've also bought a B5234T3 for it, which is the ultimate goal for the car.

I'm not new to modifying cars (30 years) and have always been a Volvo fan, but this will be my first experience with whiteblocks (although I'm learning all the time), so I'm going to be asking a lot of questions, if that's okay. 

I'm a breakdown patrol for one of the big companies and a qualified mechanic, so that side of things isn't an issue, it's the engine specific knowledge that can't be found in your tool box or in a text book.

I'll start a separate thread for the whiteblock questions, then?

Welcome! Look forward to seeing your build updates! Have you managed to find a gearbox for it? I believe it's a 900 series 6 cylinder white block box which is required, although I have read somewhere people have used BMW parts.

Any pictures of the 245?  That certainly is a late one

Hi s40rch. There should be a picture of Matilda attached. They stopped making them in 1993 and mine was registered on 30/12/1992, so it's one of the very last ones.

Gearbox is very much a matter of debate and also pennies I don't have just yet (does anyone need any welding doing?). The easy option would be a whiteblock M90 from a manual 960, but they're like gold dust, so I'm currently exploring other options, with BMW 'boxes being highest on the list.

Matilda big.jpg

Wow, that is absolutely stunning!  Although I think Cansito's are my least favourite Volvo wheel they actually look great on the 245!

I might be able to help you with an M90, I know of a couple sitting in a container for a rainy day.

Cheers, Ryan

245 turbo likes this

That would be great as long as they're sensible money. I'll get a kidney on Ebay straight away! :P

9 hours ago, s40rch said:

Although I think Cansito's are my least favourite Volvo wheel

Hater, its comments like that which make me want to keep them :D

welcome to the forum Mark keep us updated on the build :)

245 turbo likes this