x19dave

Help please crankcase pressure problems

9 posts in this topic

Hi have a 2006 C70 T5 and have got high negative crankcase pressure problems it causes a squeal with the air being sucked in through a seal near the alternator have to run with the dipstick out worried about blowing the seal I know there should be a slight negative pressure to clear the sump but if I put my finger over the dipstick hole it is pulling very well

PLEASE HELP

cheers

Sounds like PCV problem, check this out

Get it fixed before it blows a seal. My wife recently had this on her 08 C70 T5 & in 20mile return journey going easy manged to blow the inlet cam seal. 

Hi finding different info and cannot get anything definite for a 2006 C70 T5 is the PCV part of what is called the oil filter housing but the part I have seen shown as no opening for am oil filter to be fitted not quite sure what I need to do

Cheers

Dave

Think I have worked out where the oil filter sits on the top held in by the cap

I can pop round and have a look for you?

2 hours ago, Gregs T5R said:

I can pop round and have a look for you?

Thanks for the offer but would not want to waste your time all I need is a bit of confirmation that on a 2006 C70 T5 that the PCV is part of the oil filter housing

But thanks you very much for the offer of help

Dave

Pretty sure the C70 from 2006 onwards has the oil filter /pcv thingy

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282411146782

I got mine through Tim from Sturgis Volvo.

Just give them a bell, or any other Volvo main dealer parts dept, give them your VIN and they can confirm the suitability.

Cheers, Morgan

Don't drive the car, even driving gently can cause the cam seals to fail. It is the oil filter housing. Just Google Focus RS oil filter housing and make sure you buy the one with the grey connector, it should be £160 but you need to check to see if the hose from the cam cover  over the front of the engine is plastic or rubber. If it's plastic you must replace it and the clips. 

It takes about an hour hour to change the oil filter housing and adds about 20 mins more if the hose is also changed. Unbolt the ECU, lift the air box and slide it along then lift the MAF end to vertical and pull the air box out. Removing the air box is hard the first time so pull it hard, there should be videos of it and it's exactly the same as on a Focus.