Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
broady

Bank holiday

13 posts in this topic

Evening all.

Just home relaxing after taking my wife and kids on a road trip 2 nights away a day exploring and a day in London.

All in we have done just over 700miles A roads and smaller I'm a keen driver and the m1 is hatred in a package for me.

Sat here reflecting now. I spend time bitching about what may or may not be up with the t5. Looking at parts I probably don't need and thinking about different cars. However in all honesty I can't imagine a more comfy and when requested fun place to have spent my travels and no complaints from the passengers either.

My wife tells me I just need to love the car more and it wouldn't need as much attention.

Hope many more of you have enjoyed a good drive this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol.....I'd have to agree...for all their foibles they are a very nice place to whittle away the miles on a long road trip. 

My wife says the opposite to yours - "love it less & stop spending so much bloody money on it!"

Can't keep everyone happy it seems!

They are indeed. And while the kids are young it takes all there mess and equipment they may require.
I crave for an immaculate car to polish and in the future it will happen( along side the t5 until it dies) its not a car I could part with or is worth parting with haha.

My wife is the owner of a 1jz engined Toyota soarer I bought her as a wedding present 4years ago. This covers me for whatever I want to spend

In fact I think she wants me to buy another so she won't feel bad shelling out for a rebuild lol

I used ponder about this somewhat as just travelling on the road in a proper swift Volvo made me feel better off.

You get to your destination without feeling you've actually been in a car suffering from stress and aches. When sat in traffic your reminded yet again of the comfy seats and overtakes or a brisk turn of pace are never any trouble.

I do near enough 1,000 miles a week in mine and tbh I can't think of a car I'd rather do it in unless we start talking Mercedes S65/ Cls 55 territory.

I love my V70 D5 for its comfort. Unfortunately on one of my many skiing blitzkreigs, 900 miles door to door (Kitzbuhel to Bristol) completed in 13 hours I ended up with a DVT. Incredibly stupid move in hindsight. They might be comfy but make sure to take break and have a wander round every two hours. 

broady likes this

If you modify them enough its not too hard to ruin the refined comfy feel :P after a week at the ring in the 850 i always enjoy getting back into the D5 

Edited by tingy

I love my V70 D5 for its comfort. Unfortunately on one of my many skiing blitzkreigs, 900 miles door to door (Kitzbuhel to Bristol) completed in 13 hours I ended up with a DVT. Incredibly stupid move in hindsight. They might be comfy but make sure to take break and have a wander round every two hours. 

Wow that's not good. Me and the wife once drove non stop back from Germanys black Forrest to York. This was in a Peugeot 406 though which I would say was the most comfortable I've ever owned. These days though I do enjoy to break the journey up.

I have to say I do miss the driving position of my P1 V70R and the reassurance of the seats, being M4.4 the driveability is fantastic and almost as refined as a modern car.  As much as the P2 D5 has comfy seats the position is just a big high and slippery compared to the part leathers.  Both cars I can get out of at the other end and feel perfect even after a couple of hundred mile trip, the D5 perhaps a bit better on long hauls due to how quiet it is.  The economy of a diesel is great, however I'm not sold on the narrow power band.

I have to say I do miss the driving position of my P1 V70R and the reassurance of the seats, being M4.4 the driveability is fantastic and almost as refined as a modern car.  As much as the P2 D5 has comfy seats the position is just a big high and slippery compared to the part leathers.  Both cars I can get out of at the other end and feel perfect even after a couple of hundred mile trip, the D5 perhaps a bit better on long hauls due to how quiet it is.  The economy of a diesel is great, however I'm not sold on the narrow power band.

I've often wondered how a d5 would feel compared to a t5 on the road. Is the difference in fuel economy very noticeable.

I've often wondered how a d5 would feel compared to a t5 on the road. Is the difference in fuel economy very noticeable.

Yes! Ridiculously so! The computer on a trip to London from Wiltshire was showing 72mpg when I got there and 69 when I got back. I believe it's inaccurate but the R tends to get between 26-32.

Yes! Ridiculously so! The computer on a trip to London from Wiltshire was showing 72mpg when I got there and 69 when I got back. I believe it's inaccurate but the R tends to get between 26-32.

Wow I would never have expected that much. I love the power delivery of the t5 but I also love to drive, and I'd do so much more of that if it was cheaper. The t5 could be made more special if it was out of daily use I guess

I did read accurate there . I'm guessing high 40's is possible though