Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sc77

car wont start

13 posts in this topic

its says car skid temp off, eng due service, it just clicks when i try to start it?

any ideas grateful?

last time i drove it i got it home and there was just a rim left on the front, a blowout , and then after changing the wheel driving home on a flat tyre after finding the spare wasnt repaired correctly

dunno if it affects anything but i also got a new key blade to replace a snapped one and the battery was out of the fob for a little while not longer than 5-10mins i wouldve thought max.  ive not seen the anti skid note come up on the info box and wondering if its anything to do with driving home and driving on the rim for a while. it says anti skid disengaged or something like that, also reduced power mode, engine service due and also srs airbags due for check but ive seen those before.

basically immpuzzled why the damn thing wont start it just clicks, not even trying to turn, doesnt jump start and doesnt bump off either. obv its the immobilizer but how do i sort it pls?!

thanks for any help in advance

sc77 likes this

ive got fault code P0727 showing

I take it you have googled that code?

https://www.autocodes.com/p0727.html

crank angle sensor will stop it starting but it wont stop it turning over just going click suggests dead battery (which you have alreaddy ruled out by trying to jump it) or immobiliser which i wouldnt even know where to start trying to fix

ive tried new batt in my key fobbut keep getting just a click when i turn key, the info bar saying start prevented pls try again.

I'd fit a fully charged, known to be working battery to the car. Do you have another key that works? (Did the new key work prior to your issues?) Was it an aftermarket key or one that you have to take out a second mortgage to buy at a volvo dealership?

Check the terminals on the starter motor and replace if they look dodgy - quite a common issue on P2s which leads to symptoms similar to those you're describing.

11 hours ago, V70D5 said:

I'd fit a fully charged, known to be working battery to the car. Do you have another key that works? (Did the new key work prior to your issues?) Was it an aftermarket key or one that you have to take out a second mortgage to buy at a volvo dealership?

i tried to jump start and also bump start and neither worked, its the same fob ive always had for the car

thanks

4 hours ago, pyaap said:

Check the terminals on the starter motor and replace if they look dodgy - quite a common issue on P2s which leads to symptoms similar to those you're describing.

ill go try that now

thanks

how do you get to the starter motor without draining the rad?

its looking hard to access tbh?

Edited by sc77

If you remove the intercooler to ETM pipe you can easily get at the starter terminals. Also check the earth lead on the front of the gearbox. 

The ABS related problems can be down to you driving with a fucking flat tire as the rolling radius would be less. 

Ive tried to book the car in for the last few days at the local garage and it goes in tomorrow so thanks for all your help I'll pass on the advice given here and update when I get the car back. Thanks