Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mr Foster

ABS doing my Swede in.

5 posts in this topic

I have a 1996 850 T5 Estate. The ABS light is on and the Tracs off light is stuck on. Here goes.

I've had the ABS module refurbed as I'd been advised that's what it would be. Still the same.

I replaced the reluctor rings because they were in very poor condition. Still the same.

I rigged up a flash reader and the code is 311 (front N/S sensor break or loss in circuit)

I've tested the resistance of the front sensors and they're both around 1070, which, as far as I'm aware, is ok.

I've checked the sensor plug and there was a bit of bare wire showing so I spliced in fresh wire to the plug.

The speedo works but I'm still suspecting the module?

Any advice would very appreciated as It's dling me nut in now...REALLY BAD lol

Edited by Mr Foster

Have you cleared the codes?

probably would be worth investing is a new/known working 2nd hand sensor to swap it out & see if that helps.

Good luck.

Couldnt you swap the sensor from the other side and see if the fault transfers? 

Have you traced all the wiring from the suspect on back to the abs unit?

I didn't think of doing that or swapping the sensors cuz it's too simple :D

I'll try and trace the wire. Is it just a case of unplugging it from both ends then replace the cable?

No its spliced into a plug at the ABS unit end to be fair its unlikely to be that if you identify the correct wores at the plug end and unplug both ends you can use a multi-meter on ohms to make sure each wire has good continuity and the wires arnt touching each other, as i said its unlikely to be the wiring but its good to rule it out

Edited by tingy