T5bobbo

Has anyone got a mcgaurd locking wheel nut removal tool set?

14 posts in this topic

As in title if not where can i i get one?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

That websites got even better then i remember :lol:

If you read the question instead of trying to impress men on the internet with your wit then i think you will find the internet doesn't have the contents of everyone's garage/workshop tools which would be useful. You just couldn't wait to use that " iam a clever dick" link lol.

Lol the toys have left the pram

it may have been a very sarcastic way of doing it but it really is your best bet to google it there are several options im aware of

the things you get that you hammer in to the centre of the locknut to hopefully take the shape of whats left of the keyway dont think these work very well

the bits that you hammer over the locknut that bite in as you undo them these are the best option afaik googleing some reviews will suggest which kit is best

weld something onto the back of the nut and undo it using that maybe an option if your a good welder

drill the bolt out, make sure you dont hit the wheel though

take an angle grinder to the nut,the wheel the hub, most of the car 

HTH

Bottom lip came out and everything lol

I've looked and looked hence my original question of someone on here might have the mcgard removal kit. Thanks for your help. Bloody hell did someone just help me without been a complete bell smith?

Wish id quoted your original response as it had a lot more fucks in it then it does now :doh:

http://www.jamesandtracy.co.uk/howto/locking_wheel_nut_removal.htm

this is literally the top link from the "clever dick" link and does a far better job of detailing your options and suggesting remedies

also when you do get them off do yourself a favour, thrown them in the bin and put some standard wheel bolts in their place

Thanks for that. Although removing them isn't a problem as I've done loads of research on the "internet" on how to remove them. it's just which way is the best again hence my original question lol. Now can you see my original frustration lol. And my original post would have got me band lol.

Not know which type you have makes it harder to advise so here goes. If they are circumcised use a 19mm double hex socket. If not ask a very nice man if you can see his tool. 

Like Tim said. I broke the top bit off the mcgard on my C70, just hammered a 19mm socket over the top, put a 6" extension and a breaker bar and it was off. Used a 1/2" socket btw, the hardest bit is getting the wheel nut out of the socket lol.

If all else fails contact the wheelnutman. Had to use him once when time wasn't on my side for faffing about and the head was totally fooked. http://www.thewheelnutman.co.uk

I actually bought a spare key from Mcguard in Germany It wasn't that expensive, but you do have to send them a copy of your reg doc and pics of your existing wheel nut/bolt.