Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Markyp v70r

Head gasket

7 posts in this topic

Well iv been advised that my head gasket is showin signs is on its way out(((((.aswell as smoke now n again when idling,which maybe stem seals,clutch is slipping aswell ffs,rite what id like to know is how much would this as an estimate cost me to be rectified ive bought new clutch last year from frf.the photo isnt yellow yet like i thort it should be.is it worth doin or what?i love the car n dnt wanna sell her ((( its a 98 v70r awd manual its only done 110,000 miles helpppppp plz8b97c23f188c6c50b9b644ea92fc7534.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I'd get in touch with Tim - he's mega busy ATM getting various sheds (:lol:) ready for a ring trip....but perseverance will pay off.....

By the sounds of it you'll be after a head refresh - stem seals, skim & gaskets etc, possibly new rings, potentially a turbo rebuild & fitting the clutch kit. Might make sense to do some other work whilst the engine is stripped down. Tim is very fair on what you can or can't do with whatever budget you have & will advise you on the best course of action to take.

It's going north of a grand if you get it all done, more depending on the final plan, but then you've piece of mind that it should be pretty bullet proof for a good while. Also a good opportunity to do upgrades if your ever aiming for more power - specifically forged rods and p&p the head - budget & personal preferences depending.

Good luck. Morgan

Markyp v70r likes this

Cheers morgan iv got variuos upgrades already)) n tbh im expectin it too cost a small fortune but im gunna go thru with it get it done n dusted n i knw tim is the best n fair n he knws my car probably thru tony)) im in no rush as such money is tite((.

Best mod is washer bottle air filters

Tim can you get intouch plz i knw your prob busy but id like to talk plz thanks

Send me a PM and I'll go through your options but it's looking like an engine and gearbox out job to do the clutch, rear main, piston rings, and head refresh. Currently you'd be looking at about the end of July. 

Markyp v70r likes this

Iv pm you tim