Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Leeroys60

Brake squeak

5 posts in this topic

Hi I have a 2003 s60r only under light braking I get a squeak noise nothing when hard braking I have fitted new brake pads and handbrake shoes the discs were all good it is better but still there more intermittent now cleaned the calipers pads are nice and free with good brake pad grease need some help driving me nuts 

I have similar at present with new rear pads above 20mph no noise and then the slower i move the more noise it makes, ive put it down to slightly uneaven disc wear on the rear meaning the new square pads are slightly rubbing i expect a few ring laps will sort it on mine

you could leave yours till it all beds in depending on your use it might take a while though

Chamfer the leading edge of the pads, clean up the discs and use them properly! 

Could just be the pad material type though.

It did it with volvo pads and new pads I get clicking now and again and this annoying squeak sometimes slow braking and sometimes at slow speeds it's doing my nut in I've had it all apart a number of times and can't find anything wrong 

What brake pads are you using?

I get this with Ferodo DS2500 pads at low speeds where the car spends its time amongst usual traffic conditions that do not allow for harder braking.