Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DSK

New XC90 T8 - What do you think?

4 posts in this topic

I've a seen a few of these new Volvo XC90's knocking around lately and I quite like the look and attempt that Volvo appears to be making with it.

00_luc_static_0.jpg?itok=V80vHUTN

Its no secret that I'm not much a fan of modern stuff (generally) as I feel its built with such little passion and quality is being lost and garnished with technology.  For what has been littering Volvo's showrooms in recent years I can't believe the chief at Volvo hasn't shot his workforce dead but, the even I like the overall styling (as far as modern cars go) on the XC90. No sloping tiny windows to try and make it look sporty which just results in poor visibility in the real world but, nice window sizes all round, No OTT styling attempts results in a look that's different to all other 4x4's but with clean, purposeful lines that suit the vehicle and the purpose it was built for.  I've heard good things about the V90's interior so no doubt the interior in this will be on par.  A T8 engine kicking out just over 400bhp using a 2.0ltr petrol and electric motor, well done Volvo for making something with more power than a damn hand held food blender.  

What do fellow members think of this new model?

My Boss's Boss rocked up in that exact same colour T8 the other day... bought outright as it made 'tax sense' for the business.

I suggested he moved it on to me before it required new batteries at £17.5K!

My Boss's Boss rocked up in that exact same colour T8 the other day... bought outright as it made 'tax sense' for the business.
I suggested he moved it on to me before it required new batteries at £17.5K!

Lol. Yes things like batteries and dare I say accelerated wear on engine/turbo etc if it's off/on etc are all things that will indeed make these sort of cars unwanted the older they get.

I was just referring to what would appear to be a good offering from Volvo after all these years based on the fact that all Marques are shoving small petrol engine and an electric motor in big 4x4's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe the new XC90 T8 are not left behind when it comes to technology, still on of the most reliable ride out there.