Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DSK

Philips T10 6000K LED (w5w side light upgrade)

4 posts in this topic

One of the side lights on one of the car's was out.  I have Philips Blue Vision things (4000K) 5W bulbs fitted as sidelights in all the cars but, today I fitted Philips T10 6000K LED bulbs as these seemed well worth the money.  

127996000KX2-RTP-global-001.png

Below are the results;

PHILIPS Blue Vision traditional style W5W bulbs

Only a bit better than a standard 5w bulb in terms of light output and in the projector lamps they don't go the best job of lighting up that strip in which they sit.  I used the S70R to picture the standard ones.

PHILIPS T10 6000K LEDs

Various shots of the silver C70 with them fitted the very same day as I took the pictures. Massive improvement but one that's miles apart when its dark as anyone with projectors will see.

B724E1AA-0FE6-45ED-974E-9E4DBA17B127_zps8eumaebf.jpg

BE77BEE5-B8A5-436C-B300-AF6FD4AAC9EF_zpseorpvsim.jpg

Edited by DSK

leds1_zpsdlgbiaxn.jpg

nightleds4_zpsy536za2s.jpg

nightleds2_zpsm7erhqon.jpg

nightleds5_zps1tsaw9il.jpg

nightleds3_zps8qnuogf8.jpg

Edited by DSK

Wow, those look really good. I just have cheap LED's in my ABM's. I do remember, they are a PITA to change lol

I stayed away from LEDs as until recently the LEDs were only on one or two faces and neither Osram or Philips were doing them.  These T10's are 360 so light all round!  You can get them in 4000/6000/8000K options.  Expensive but seriously worth it.  Already ordered another 2 sets for the other for cars lol. 

I have the ABMs pictured and the knack I used to try try and shove 1 or 2 fingers directly under the high bean beam and tease the side light bulb rubber gromit in and out.