simonsen

C30 t5 power loss , hesitation,

4 posts in this topic

I have a problem with my C30 t5. Sometimes feels like there turbo is not kicking in or power is not there. So far I changed turbo control valve, boos pressure sensor, fuel pressure sensor, cleaned throttle body, cleaned maf sensor. When I am pushing it hard from the start it drives better but when I start slow and them try to accelerate then it feels sluggish especially on first and second gear than it's getting slightly better on third and fourth and feels almost normal on fifth and sixth. Any suggestions welcome I was thinking that waste gate might be playing up. I don't think its a boost leak as it happens only time to time. I should really add that after plugging to generic code reader it doesn't show any faults and I haven't got any messages on dash

Have you tried capturing some live data with the car running? Usually this is more helpful when trouble shooting these sort of issues.

I think most of the guys who help with this are at the Nurburgring this week but it gives you a chance to capture some live data read out.  A simple bluetooth OBD2 scanner thing which you use a phone app to view should be sufficient and cheap.

Sounds like a good idea thank you. Any brand of scanner? Can you recommend something? Thanks 

Are you using iphone or Android?

If iphone, this is good as I bought it myself the other week : http://forums.t5d5.org/topic/33233-recommend-me-an-ios-bluetooth-obd2-scanner-thingy/

If Android, there's heaps of choice and I'd just go for one that's got a all the live data stream stuff and lots of positive 5 star reviews on Amazon.  I'm more than happy to take a look tomorrow and pick out a couple for Android if needed.

When I've had similar issues to you, the root cause was always narrowed down and pin-pointed by live data stream values whilst the car was tested on the road, thanks to Tim Williams.