tunovlov

New Member with too many Ovlovs (and others) than he knows what to do with!!!

4 posts in this topic

Hi Guys, thanks for adding me. Sorry for the delay in posting but I have not been too good lately.

I live near Cardiff in South Wales and have recently started using an S60 2.4 T5.  It  is a 2006 mode lin Dawn blue with almost all the extras. 

I bought it for a low price as the ABS, traction control, speedo, cruise, trip computer and reverse lock-out solenoid were not working.

This was all down to one straightforward fault in the Central Electronics Module (CEM). I removed the CEM, posted it off to Volvo Diagnostics (also known as Horison Limited) and received it back within 48 hours. EXCELLENT SERVICE!!!         

All the above problems were  caused by the CEM fault and have now gone.  Only thing is I have now found from Torque app that it is overboosting although Torque is showing no fault codes.

For the last three years I have been using a 2001 V40 T4 which I absolutely love.  My favourite pastime with it has been  kicking the s - - t out of Type aRses and making the little boys in them cry. Also an acquaintance tried to sell me an Ibiza Cupra "280 BHP" :D (but it did have a big turbo and intercooler). T4 left it for dead. He was not amused:o especially when I asked him if the Cupra was limited to 120!

Over the years I have had many cars, and I have not been eligible to qualify as a "Boy" racer for a very long time.

At the moment apart from the s60 I have:-

V40 T4  x  3

S40 1.8GDI Sport Lux ( bought for the Arcadias but much better than I expected so may MOT it )

Ph1 C70  Coupe T5  x  2

Ph1 C70 Convertible  x  2 ( 1 T5 and 2.4T )

S70 2.5 10v auto

Ph1 V70  x  2   ( 1 2.4 and 1 2.5T )

BMW 740i E32 AC Schnitzer  -  Special order in Avus Blue with all the extras  -  a VERY special car.

BMW 740iL E32

Jaguar XJ 6 ( XJ40 )  x  2

Mercedes 560 SEC

Unfortunately most of the above are projects rather that projectiles  ( or at least need a bit of TLC )

and I am now having to think about selling some of them as back and leg problems prevent me from doing much work on them.

Which other members live in South Wales?    Please get in touch.

Cheers

Edited by tunovlov

Welcome along fella. 

Definitely too many projects there fella. Thin the fleet down & use the funds/time to get your favourites roadworthy. 

Im a Bridgend boy originally, now living in sunny Hertfordshire. We've got Castle Coombe coming up in about 8 weeks - pop over the bridge if your able, it's a good day out. 

Cheers, Morgan

23 hours ago, shinsplintz 101 said:

Welcome along fella. 

Definitely too many projects there fella. Thin the fleet down & use the funds/time to get your favourites roadworthy. 

Im a Bridgend boy originally, now living in sunny Hertfordshire. We've got Castle Coombe coming up in about 8 weeks - pop over the bridge if your able, it's a good day out. 

Cheers, Morgan

Hi Morgan

Its good to hear from you.

Damn right!!! Too many projects, and now I struggle to just get up and down the stairs! It is just that there have been so many bargains around over the last few years that temptation often overrules common sense. Of the cars I have listed 7 have cost me under £200 each, and only one car has cost me more than £1000.  A T5 for less than many people spend on a few weeks groceries!  In my experience the more cars cost, the more likely they are to be a disappointment.

I definitely plan to come over to Castle Combe.

Cheers

Roland

Hey Roland, sounds you got good projects! Hope to see some of your progress here.