Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DSK

C70 egg crate grille + collinite 845

7 posts in this topic

Despite the weather being poor and cloudy the car is shimmering well in the flesh with the collinite 845.  Very easy to work with and buff off.

Old grille when car was bought

9bf6af45-c4ed-4a24-9f8a-8f5555fe7880_zps

Egg Crate Grille fitted and routine wash topped off with collinite 845 (have to admit now I look at it, it does suit the dark colour better)

grille1_zpsg0hy4n9l.jpg

grille3_zpsqdsn1ggi.jpg

grille2_zpssjkwnbfh.jpg

2_zpssm6ef7zb.jpg

5_zps2wsdmyir.jpg

6_zps2j3sr4bt.jpg

Sheesh that looks good makes me miss mine 😢 (Although mine was never that clean)

DSK likes this

Very nice!

DSK likes this

Looking good! :)

DSK likes this

Thanks guys.  I've been using the Collinite 845 for a short while having heard good reviews and not having used a Collinite product before.  Thought I'd give it a try after my Carlack nano sealant ran out and its was far cheaper than JetSeal 109 when bought on its own from Amazon.  I did all 3 Volvo's yesterday and even the S70R is shimmering well with a distinct pop in the natuic blue paint.  

Collinite 845 is definitely easy to work with even in warm weathers and on warm surfaces.  I just leave it in a tub of hot tap water whilst I wash the car and this is enough time to soften it from a solid state into a runny viscosity liquid.  Applies easily with micro fibre wax applicator pad, a little goes a long way and definitely holds up well.  It doesn't leave residue and can be applied to non painted plastics and rubbers without issue. Doing the miles I do in a week and despite the torrential downpours the other week, it does its job of protecting and beads well enough.  I was surprised that it also leaves a satisfying sheen you'd typically expect from more costly detailing products. Excellent value and performance!  

You will find its longevity is also impressive, more so than some of the high end waxes. I did several 50/50 tests with various mid range waxes and it outlasted the lot of them.  A sensibly priced, easy to use with good effect and long lasting paste wax were my findings.

DSK likes this

With waxes and sealants, especially due to the miles I do weekly, durability performance for me is first and foremost.  Ease of application is welcome as it ends up saving time and if it can give a nice wet finish then that's a bonus.  With us going into summer and having no option but to work in direct sunlight I needed something that would be easy to work with.

I agree with you through my experience that so called high end and hyped products, whilst usually offering a more wet look finish, do usually fall quite short on durability. 

I'll be giving Sonax PNS a go next once my 845 runs out but seems that will be like dodo juice future armour to work with.