Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rufe

PCV Kits for your volvo

20 posts in this topic

UPDATED FEBRUARY 2011, DUE TO ONGOING PRICE CHANGES:

*** YOU SHOULD ALWAYS CHECK WITH US FOR CURRENT PRICES. ***

There are quite a few variations of the PCV kits for Volvo's, but I will try to cover the most popular here.

The PCV system, or breathing system ('Positive Crankcase Ventilation System' to give it its full name) is possibly one of the more neglected parts in most engines as it is not easily seen and often not really known about or understood so therefore out of mind. However, neglecting the PCV system (in higher mileage cars especially) can prove costly. (You can see it discussed on this site and on other forums).

I have sold many PCV kits to our online customers over the years so I have decided to post some of these prices in this thread. I will be covering the turbocharged petrol models in this thread (as most users here have T5 engines).

I will not show prices for anything more recent than 2003 as there are quite a lot of specific variations for some engines and model year combination, requiring engine number and VIN numbers to identify the correct part numbers. For any model that is not shown below please send me a standard request through the link in my banner below, remembering to include your registration number. This will always ensure we will supply exactly the right parts for this job for your exact car.

DIAGRAM 1:

PCVt594b.jpg

850 / Turbo / <1994:

(Engine number <330413)

This kit includes all parts in the highlighted squares in Diagram 1, plus the inlet manifold gasket (not shown) and also any hose clamps as required.

Volvo Retail Price: £100.14 inc vat

Our Price: £85.94 inc vat, plus delivery*

DIAGRAM 2:

PCV2.jpg

850 / Turbo / 1995>1996:

(Engine number 330414>)

Kit includes all parts in the highlighted squares in above Diagram 2, plus the inlet manifold gasket (not shown) and also any hose clamps as required.

Volvo Retail Price: £96.90 inc vat

Our Price: £83.08 inc vat, plus delivery*

850 / Turbo / 1997:

Kit includes all parts in the highlighted squares in Diagram 2, plus the inlet manifold gasket (not shown) and also any hose clamps as required.

Volvo Retail Price: £94.02 inc vat

Our Price: £80.59 inc vat, plus delivery*

S70 / C70 / V70 / Turbo / <1998:

Kit includes all parts in the highlighted squares in above Diagram 2, plus the inlet manifold gasket (not shown) and also any hose clamps as required.

Volvo Retail Price: £96.90 inc vat

Our Price: £82.90 inc vat, plus delivery*

DIAGRAM 3:

pcvinfo3.jpg

For later engines, (ME7 and newer) the main breather tube, number 8 in the diagram, is very expensive so we find many people tend to leave that and simply change the other parts. It is good practice to at least clean out this breather tube as part of the PCV overhaul.

S70 / C70 / V70 / S60 / S80 / Turbo / 1999>2003:

Kit includes all parts in the highlighted squares in Diagram 3, an inlet manifold gasket (not shown) and also any hose clamps as required. This kit also includes the 4x sealing rings for the main breather tube so it can be removed and replaced for cleaning.

Volvo Retail Price: £65.82 inc vat

Our Price: £56.05 inc vat, plus delivery*

PLUS: Main Breather Tube, if required:

Volvo Retail Price: £118.20 inc vat

Our Price: £101.65 inc vat, plus delivery*

*Delivery price will vary depending on which kit is required, but generally most of the above full kits will be sent by CITYLINK 24 at the cost of £10.00 (we can also offer a cheaper price of £4.99 with Royal Mail Standard Parcel but this does not have a guaranteed delivery time and will take longer. Please ask for options when calling.)

To order any of the above kits (or of course anything else!) please call us on either of our direct line telephone numbers, 01792 790066 or 01792 784272, please remember to quote DISCOUNT CODE 'C3' when calling to get these kits at our discounted prices!

Simon biggrin.gif

Edited by FRF Motors
UPDATE NOV/11

pcvinfo2.jpg

pcvinfo1.jpg

Nice one Simon i think that information will be very handy for people,keep up the good work mate :rolleyes:

IIRC mine was done as part of the ETM recall thingy for free. 99MY V70

they wouldnt have replaced any parts when that's done, but they may have cleaned out the pipes yes.

VERY useful Simon :rolleyes:

Hence pinned :angry:

More of the same would be VERY welcome ;)

i always wondered what the small pipe was for :rolleyes:

Hi Rufe,

I'd like to buy a kit for my 2002 T5 but can't send you a PM to arrange it as I'm a new member here. Can I contact you via email?

Thanks!

Gavin

Hi Rufe,

I'd like to buy a kit for my 2002 T5 but can't send you a PM to arrange it as I'm a new member here. Can I contact you via email?

Thanks!

Gavin

You can now PM :)

;)

And their details are on the Traders section "front page" as well :)

Glamorgan, SA6 8RJ

01792 790066

FRFVolvoParts@gmail.com

There are a few variations of the pcv kits for volvos, but I will cover the most popular here.

If anyone wants a quote for a kit that is not shown here please send me your reg and ask for a price for the pcv parts.

The PCV system under the bonnet are possibly the most neglected parts in most engines, as it is not easily seen, so therefore out of mind. However neglecting the PCV (in higher mileage cars especially) can prove costly. (you can see it discussed on here and other forums)

I have sold many kits to users online in the past, so have become very used to giving prices for these, so now I have decided to post them up in this thread. I will be covering the turbocharged petrol models in this thread (as most users here have T5 engines).

Please check with me for part availability. but as a rule all these parts are redily available. I think i have made it just about as clear as possible, if not i can only appologise lol!

Simon :)

Hi,

I own a 1998 V70 T5, and would like a quote for the parts and also some guidedance to fit them. Would I be correct by saying that the manifold will need to be removed to replace them?

Can I jump in and ask if there is anything like this on the D5 engine?

Thanks

Sorry about this I had never seen this message before now, must have missed it somehow!

Yes there is a crank breathing system on the D5 engines, a bit more simple though with no oil trap, but a breather pipe. Regarding the part number, it does depend on exact engine type but if you are unsure then I can tell from the registration number.

PCV Tube:

For: D5244T/2/3 = 30646925

For: D5244T4/5/6/7 = 30757132

Both of these are around

All above prices and information have been updated today.

Simon :)

hi i need a pcv system for my 855 t5 its a 1996 glt, how much delivered to bristol please mate, and how would i pay.......

hi i need a pcv system for my 855 t5 its a 1996 glt, how much delivered to bristol please mate, and how would i pay.......

Read his signature... dontknow.gif

hi, I have a volvo 850 1996 (p reg) 2.0 ltr estate non turbo i have noticed smoke coming out of my dip stick which was a test I found out about for the pcv, which means it needs changing.

yyour post showed turbo kits, do you or do you know of somewhere where i can buy a complete replacement pcv as I had this car from 118,000 miles and now its on 185,000 and i have no record of this ever being changed.

rgds

terry

Rufe doesnt get the chance to come and post anymore so you would be better off ringing...

His post states "To order any of the above kits (or of course anything else!) please call us on either of our direct line telephone numbers, 01792 790066 or 01792 784272, please remember to quote DISCOUNT CODE 'C3' when calling to get these kits at our discounted prices!"

:)

WARNING!!

If your going to replace the PCV system then make sure you replace the expensive pipe too. I have now changed 2 PCV systems on a P1R and a P2R and on both cars the tiny plastic white pipe that runs from the left hand side was blocked solid. They become almost impossible to clean out because they become so hard and brittle and any excess movement WILL snap the pipe. I managed to snap mine on my P2R and I was being extra careful.

Also, when refitting the inlet manifold and try to screw in the hollow screw from underneath whilst supporting the manifold and locate the bolt, so as not to cross thread, not to mention not dropping the tiny copper washer....IS A REAL PITA!!!...so the pipe needs to be flexible.

My advise is to just replace the whole thing - if it snaps when your refitting then your car will be off the road another 2 days whilst you order parts.

Thanks for this resource. Googley brought me relief from my anguish at the various so called "kits" available elsewhere. Kit ordered and on its way.