Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pyaap

Meal Venues for 2017 Track Day

13 posts in this topic

Is there other options, people aren't out for a gourmet meal, but for a bit of grub and banter IMHO 

think many just did meal in restaurant at Ibis so could have a drink and crawl to hotel room last year. 

Somewhere cheap you mean :pmsl:

We all met at Stake of the Art last year, that was decent enough.  The room out back wasn't big enough for the amount of people we had though. So I don't know if more turned up, than had committed previously??

We are only staying until Saturday this year.  The last 2 years, there has only been a couple of us left on the Saturday night, last year was just me, Roo & Nick!  So we'll be heading home on the Saturday this year.  

Is the Chinese opposite the IBIS open now?  I know it was closed for refurbishment last year.  That would be my favourite option for the Friday night.  If not I'll roll with Stake of the Art or whatever, I'm easy.

On Thursday night, I'll probably just go in the Slug & Lettuce opposite the IBIS for a bite to eat and a pint, before getting an early night :Builder_OnTheSpot:   

peacey likes this

The restaurant choices this year were largely based on feedback from last year.  The mayhem at Steak of the Art last year resulted from 12 people actually confirming they were coming, but 26 turning up on the day......:lol: - in fairness they did their best to sort us all out.

The Chinese place next to the IBIS has closed for good, and many last year said they would have liked a Chinese meal, hence the choice of Wongs which is only short walk, and I was going to arrange for a special set menu.

Anyway it's going to be too complicated for me to try and work it out to everyone's satisfaction because many places don't take reservations on Friday and Saturday evenings, so I've amended the 1st post to reflect some "less-gourmet" choices :ninja: where I'll take the visiting group, and everyone is welcome to join us at those venues.

Wapping Wharf is a 5min walk from the IBIS and is new development with lots of choices for "grub" so everyone will easily be catered for!

Jesus you might as well just say "Can we not jus grab a quick beer and a burger in spoons for a 5er" I must say I used to like the Chinese opposite ibis, you had a good selection of food for a price and the rice beer was nice! Me and Millie will be joining for whatever on Friday, probably won't bother with Thursday as last year it was just the 4 of us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be there for Friday night, Thursday think it's a case of see whose interested first as last year was only Me,Ryan, Tim and Ashok. 

I should be there for the Friday! 

16 hours ago, s70t5chris said:

Somewhere cheap you mean :pmsl:

I was talking about the Thursday night, as people arriving at different times and more just about getting something to eat and then sleep ready for Friday

We all met at Stake of the Art last year, that was decent enough.  The room out back wasn't big enough for the amount of people we had though. So I don't know if more turned up, than had committed previously??

No Problem with Friday night wherever - I was more talking about the thursday night, probably didn't word it to well :unsure:

We are only staying until Saturday this year.  The last 2 years, there has only been a couple of us left on the Saturday night, last year was just me, Roo & Nick!  So we'll be heading home on the Saturday this year.  

Same here, as have 2 weeks off, back on earlies on Sunday

Is the Chinese opposite the IBIS open now?  I know it was closed for refurbishment last year.  That would be my favourite option for the Friday night.  If not I'll roll with Stake of the Art or whatever, I'm easy.

Did like that Chinese, decent food, eat yourself sick and decent value

On Thursday night, I'll probably just go in the Slug & Lettuce opposite the IBIS for a bite to eat and a pint, before getting an early night :Builder_OnTheSpot:   

Makes Sense (although just 1????) and was more what I was referring to, based on last couple of years

Ok cool, we should have a decent sized group then!:thumbsup:

I should be there for Friday night to,wherever suits me.Gotta drive home afterwards anyway.

Thanks for sorting Ashok.

Friday night for me. Be heading back Saturday - are we still heading to kings & quick bite after?

Cheers, Morgan

Edit: Just read the other thread :stupid: So home after lunch & kings for me. Looking forward to another educational evening out in Brizzle - Tony's coffee saved the day last year, along with the donuts!

Edited by shinsplintz 101

I should be there for Saturday lunch as well then heading home afterwards

If you are ever in Bristol I can't recommend Three Brothers Burgers on welshback highly enough. Superb!